𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟽

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING⚠︎︎
⚠︎︎Depression, mention of self-harm/self-destruction, and angst.⚠︎︎
♡︎

⚠︎︎♡︎

♡︎

Time is a strange concept... Often, when you want it to go slow it goes fast, and when you want it to go fast it goes very, very slowly.

How time worked in witness protection was even stranger, because it tended to waver all the time, one month would feel like an eternity, another month felt like only a week long.

You could argue that the reason for time going by at odd paces was to do with your mental state.

The first month went very slow for both you and Spencer. You both missed the team greatly, you hated how you no longer went by your normal names, and you always had to refer to each other by Thomas Milton, and Sierra Milton, even when you were in the house!

By the second month, you felt you were beginning to get used to it. Witsec provided you both with money, so neither of you had to work. And of course, you found hobbies to interest you.

In fact, you managed to keep yourselves busy all the way up to the fourth month, that's when things started to get strenuous again.

Both you and Spencer pretended to be ok, but truth be told, you were as bored as anything.  The hobbies you had discovered no longer interested you, and that 'we can get through this,' kind of attitude began to diminish.

It put a huge strain on your marriage, which was not a good sign especially 4 months after the wedding.

But hey, they do say the first year of marriage is always the hardest.

You and Spencer just no longer seemed to communicate with each other like you used to... Actually, let me rephrase that-- You and Spencer no longer seemed to communicate.

He'd get up for the day, he'd go downstairs, read a book or two, try to solve the hardest math equation in the world, fail at solving the hardest math equation in the world, then he'd make you both food, and continuing doing whatever the hell he'd do.

Life was different for you, unlike Spencer, you weren't good at using distractions and hobbies to challenge your mind to help fight your depression.

Instead, you would get out of bed around 1 or 2 pm each day, you'd eat the food Spencer left out for you, then you'd try using exercise as an escape.

Your therapist did say exercising can really help someone struggling with mental illness.

Although, I doubt she meant working out for 5 hours straight with little to no breaks... It wasn't uncommon for Spencer to find you passed out on the floor from exhaustion.