𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 25

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING⚠︎︎
⚠︎︎Mention of terrorism and explosion, mention of past s*xual assault and past domestic violence.⚠︎︎
♡︎

⚠︎︎♡︎

♡︎

"We've got a case," Hotch announced as he strode out of his office.

"Seriously?!" you exclaimed, a little too loudly.

"Yes?" Hotch frowned.

"Sorry," you mumbled, jumping up from your desk.

"Are you ok?" Spencer asked curiously.

"Yeah, it's nothing, I just had a... Parcel coming," you lied.

"Oh, ok, uh, could you get it re-directed?" Spencer questioned, walking with you towards the conference room.

"Yeah, probably," you murmured, taking a seat at the table.

"We're about to be swarmed," Hotch began.
"A bomb just went off on a busy high street in Washington, DC. We don't have a specific number, but we suspect at least 12 to be dead. But that number is increasing rapidly."

"Jesus," you murmured,
"how long ago?"

"14 minutes ago exactly. This is a suspected terrorist attack, so we need to act fast," Hotch replied.

"What street?" Spencer questioned.

"14th street"

"But that road is usually really busy," JJ mentioned.
"And it's almost Thanksgiving and Christmas, meaning-"

"It will be busier than usual," Derek sighed, finishing JJ's sentence.

"Have there been smaller, more localized attacks recently, or is this their practice run?" Spencer questioned.

"I've messaged Garcia to search through all police files, to see look at cases involving explosives," Hotch responded.

"So, if this attack isn't our unsub/unsubs endgame, then what is?" JJ questioned anxiously.

"Something that could kill thousands," Rossi murmured.

"So, we've got an unsub with a similar intention to Carl Dallas" you chimed in, causing the entire team to turn to you with concern on their faces. You shifted in your chair anxiously and continued.
"Carl's primary aim was to kill thousands, possibly millions, and he planned his attack in the capital. "

"Do you think this is something to do with Carl Dallas?" Rossi asked, unconvinced.

"Of course not," you chuckled, receiving a sigh of relief from everyone.
"I'm just trying to say, there are different levels of terrorism, and this seems to be the most dangerous form... Sorry for bringing up Carl, I didn't realize it was taboo to say it."