♛ 25

Midnight.

The sky looked lonely as usual and so was the girl. Stargazing from her balcony definitely helped her chaotic mind calm down a little, but it wasn't not enough to shut down the monsters inside her. Death intrigued her even more than staying alive in this cold world.

She couldn't drown her monsters, they know how to swim. 

She couldn't delete them either, they'll always come back to her.

So she let them be. 

She was about to let her thoughts took over her again when suddenly, her phone ringed. She looked at the caller id, raising an eyebrow as she picked the phone up.

"Can you sneak out?"

Dasom wanted to laugh so badly. Mark Lee was asking her the impossible, of course he obviously knew the answer to that, he just decided to ask her again.

"Oh I don't know, can I?"

"Look to your left."

Dasom frowned, it's pretty dark outside the moonlight and the garden lights were the only things lighting up her vision. But what she saw next took her aback, Mark was standing there, near the cliff she almost jumped off. 

"What are you doing here? No wait, how'd you even get in here?" She whisper yelled.

Mark just shrugged, not bothering to answer her question. He's Mark Lee anyways, soon to be a professional assassin, inheriting his father's talent.

"Something came up, I'll give you 5 minutes to go down here."

Then he ended the call.

He was definitely insane, that's what she thought. But it's not like she had any other option, Mark is never the type to beat around the bush so if he said something came up, something bad must've really happened.

She walked back inside her room, quickly wearing her hoodie over the t-shirt she was wearing. She then looked around her room to see if she could find anything to use, but there's nothing.

She walked back to the balcony, shutting the door behind her. Mark could clearly see her from afar, eyebrows knitted together as he saw her stepping closer to the railings.

To say that her room is located close from the ground is an understatement. She was literally about to jump from the fifth floor of her house. Oddly enough, Mark kept his calm demeanor, his hands both inside his pocket as he watched her next move.

She looked at the ground briefly before taking a deep breath.

Then she jumped.

The girl landed on both of her feet, her hair fell to the front of her face, covering almost her entire face. She then stood up, fixing her hoodie as she did so.

Mark chuckled to himself, poking his inner cheek with his tongue. Soon enough, the girl managed to get to him in exactly 4 minutes and 50 seconds.

The girl clearly knew what she was doing, she knew if her parents find out about this she'll be dead meat. But she was sure that her parents wont ever find out, after all she was with Mark. He's always well calculated, he always seem to know what he's doing and what's going to hapen.

"You've done that before." Mark commented, turning around to walk towards the gate.

"Clearly, I wouldn't have made it if I haven't done it before. Now tell me, where are we going?"

Mark stopped, turning around to look at the girl. The moonlight showed his facial features perfectly. He was no doubt alluring, even though he acts aloof most of the time and his eyes always seem to look either cold or dead, he was in fact very attractive. 

"School."

⊹⊱☆⊰⊹

Dasom scanned the area, not finding anything weird. They had snuck into the building, careful not to get caught. 

Her current concern however is not the fact that they sneaked inside the school at 1am in the morning- it's where they were heading.

The 7th district.

The locked and isolated area. The place itself held lots of rumors, including the fact that it's a game on progress. 

Mark has always been a quick witted person, and thanks to that he managed to save the both of them from getting caught. He had pulled the both of them behind the pillar right before a group of five men came out from the large gate.

The 7th district was opened for the first time.

Mark squinted his eyes, trying to get a better glimpse of the men. He then saw face too familiar standing in the middle of those men. 

His father.

"Mark why—"

Mark quickly shuts her off, placing his palms on her mouth, turning his body around towards her. The men walked away from the 7th district, closing the gate beforehand. 

Dasom looked up at the figure in front of her, he was too close to her, too close to her liking. Strangely, she somehow felt save whenever she's around him. Maybe because she knows how skilled he is.

But that wasn't actually the case here.

"Mark, mind explaining to me what's this all about?"

Mark didn't say a word, instead she pulled her hand, walking towards the 7th district. The gate was made out of metal bars, which means they could still see what was inside it. 

He pointed out at a white bag inside the dark alley- a body bag.

"Someone died here."

Dasom raised an eyebrow, still confused. It was nothing new, of course. People die here everyday, but what's so different about this?

It's the cause of the death. The 7th district was never opened, not even once. The only reason Mark knew about this was because he had accidentally read his father's message saying the 7th district door had been opened.

But that wasn't what he was anticipating, what happened next was.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" A voice said from behind them.

Dasom quickly turned around, confusion clearly displayed on her face. Mark let out a cold chuckle, turning around to see the person he was expecting to see. 

The two made a brief eye contact and they both had the same look in their eyes- lifeless yet thirsty for blood.

This was what he was looking forward to, a direct confrontation.

"Dasom, meet my previous partner, Diablo. But you can call him Taeyong, Lee Taeyong."

ok so mark is v v v intelligent ayye