Chapter 3: Missing

The rest of the school day went off with out a hitch. I made the cheer squad again and was Shocker, head of the team. I met up with some old friends and a couple new ones, but I just couldn't keep that boy out of my head. Every boy with blond hair I thought was him. I kept seeing him when I closed my eyes. Something about him just wasn't right. I wanted to find out. No that's not the right word I yearned to find out. I ached inside like something had shifted or changed about me.

I had the strange boy in two other classes fourth and sixth, but he only sat next to me in English. I really do hate that teacher! The next day at school was the same, and the day after that, and the day after that. Until about a month had passed.

I was tapping my pen in English class thinking about what to write for our upcoming project. "could you please stop that!!" hissed Austin "I don't know can you stop being a jerk?" I replied in a harsh whisper. He pulled out a piece of paper and a pen and started to write. I turned back to my paper. He dropped his pen and put the paper on my desk. What did I ever do to you? I wrote on the paper I just met you and all you do is ignore me I've tried to talk to you! and passed the paper. He opened it up looked at me sheepishly and started to write. He passed back the note, I opened it sorry, I guess I just thought you were a stuck up rich brat, you know because of the cheerleader thing and the I am better than you crap! I looked at him stunned and kinda hurt what is wrong with you I'm trying to be nice but you are just being mean! Okay you want to ignore me. I can live with that! But I am NOT some stuck up rich brat. I passed the note. He passed it back wow, wow, sorry, I was just joking. But seriously what was I supposed to think? I wrote on the paper Idk but you still could have been nice! I passed the paper, he passed it back okay look I'm sorry okay look why don't we try again. Hi! I'm Austin I have lived here for four years now and I am an only child. I smiled and replied Hi! I'm scarlet! I have lived here all my life and am also an only child. I passed the note.

Austin now sat next to me in every class and we passed notes all the time. It was actually getting kinda fun. When suddenly he was gone. He stopped coming to school, stopped texting, stopped calling, and seemed to just disappear.