Chapter 18

(Elisha's point of view)
I paced around my room. I layed on the bed, I got up and sat on the chair. I could never keep still these days. Me and Scarlet have always been the best of friends. Her dad even encouraged it.

When Scarlet was born she didn't have a companion, protector, or whatever you want to call it. But, I grew up around her, we played little games of hide and seek, we ate every meal together. Plus when I visited, which was very often, we even shared the same room. We were inseparable, in so much that they thought we were twins.

The king quickly put a stop to that. He noticed just how much I cared for her and assigned me to be her protector, companion, or whatever your deciding to call me.

I absolutely hate how she lost her memory. Before she fell we had actually started to date behind her father's back. We had been together for about one month 2 weeks and 3 days. I smiled at the happy memory then shook my head clear of the memory.

I grabbed two fist fills of my black hair and wrapped my wings around me. I moaned. I should go see her.
I stood up straight folded my wings behind my back and put my arms by my sides and walked to the door. Wait it's like 10 at night I can't wake her up! I walked back to the bed......... Then....... Back to the door. Then back to that bed.

12 hours later
Their was suddenly a knock at my door. Who would be up at this awful hour! I walked over to the door and opened it up.

The person who walked in the door was the last person I expected to see. It was the demon prince.

My fangs hissed out of their sockets and I dove for him knocking him out of the door way. We tumbled into the hall a mess of arms and legs. I manged to gain the upper hand and slammed his head into the floor knocking him out...... For now.

I dragged him into my room and put him on the bed well great what am I going to do with a prince of demons!! I shook my head and grabbed a chair and some rope then tied the prince to it.

Does scarlet know he here? Oh please tell me she doesn't. This will ruin her reunion with her friend. What should I do? I should kill him. I started walking towards his slumped form. No wait I can't Scarlet's father still plans on marrying her off to him. I can't disobey orders. I stopped and looked at him and sighed. I walked over and cut the bonds. I gently slapped his cheek a couple of time to wake him up.

He blinked blearily at me then flinched back, probably expecting me to attack. His face contorted in disgust. I can't really blame him. I smirked at him then growled, " why are you here? Does scarlet know? Does she remember?".

He tried to smile but it came out more of a grimace, then said," well you see scarlet saved me from some demons and has no idea who I am, and I didn't even know who she was until last night. She didn't tell me I just kinda sorta figured it out myself."

I leaned my arm against one of the bed posts and let my head fall on my arm. "So your Austin. I wondered what you were like." I sighed and looked back at him. "so what do we do?"

he gave me an odd look then responded "let's see how this plays out. I know you two used to be a couple and she doesn't know it. But.... She might fall in love with me. Which is fine since she is supposed to marry me, but if she falls in love with you well then." he looked at me "that's that. Please don't tell her who I am. Well at least not just yet." he said seeing the look on my face.

I sighed, weary from all the days events, and nodded my head. He got up and left. Finally I can get some sleep! I walked over to the side of the bed then just flopped onto it. I only layed there for about ten minutes when.

My alarm went off. I leaned up on my elbows and stared at it as it continued to blare insistently. In one fluid motion I picked it up and chucked it out the window and over the balcony. I layed my head back down as I heard a satisfying crunch sighed and smiled, finally able to sleep.