Chapter ThirtyFour

"So since there's less gravity are you jumping off the bridge to test?" I ask after I finish my ice cream.

"I'll do it if you'll do it." He says with a smirk.

"Your funny. I want to live." I say looking at him. He chuckles. I don't notice that our hands have been linked, I thought the electricity that was storming inside of me was the chills. But now I found out why. His grip is loose yet comfortably warming my hand.

He looks back at the sky. I find myself still looking at his flaws. The moons light shines on him. He absorbs all of the light just like in the room. His gold sparks twinkle. His hair put in a messy way. Yet, in a good look.

"Your looking at me." He says with a smirk.

I quickly turn my head around. I feel my face heat up. "No." I say. Looking back at him Trying to keep a strait face.

"Right." He says laying down. I feel his hands on my shoulder pushing me back and I let out a faint scream as I land in his arms. Laying down looking up. Personally, this position is better. His scent is strong now that I'm close to him. I'm afraid that when I go to Cindy she'll smell it on me. But now is not the time to think of Cindy...

Cindy. Must have called. It's late and I have no idea what time it is. "It's 11:45." Asher says. I look at him. His face close to mine. Did he just read my mind. "How did you-"

"lucky guess?" He jumps. I stare at him than nod facing the sky again. He read my mind. Did he? Monkeys don't read minds? No element can. Right?

The stars move slowly. They shine brightly. And the owls howl. The trees swift and so does the grass. The water under us is still yet alive. "Truth or dare?" I smile at his question. I have played this game a thousands times when I was little. The dares always got me in trouble. "Truth." I said. The wood ablaze, the trees defined every graduating degree of green. The moon shining brightly. It's peaceful here. It's so different here from the city. I find myself liking this. Possibly enjoying it.

"Have you ever liked someone you shouldn't."

Instantly Eros pops into my mind. And that annoyed me. I am not suppose to be thinking about him. Not now not ever. I have tried so hard to forget him. All of the sudden I'm getting things that connect me to him. "Like a bad person?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He says.

His question caught me off guard, and I seemed have my breathing unleveled.

"Yes," I answered, trying not to read too much of a smile. Afraid he would notice. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." His fingers interwind with mine, I try not to be stiff and awkward but I was. This is Asher not Eros. Or Cameron who claimed to be like a brother to me. This is someone I wanted to stay far away from him. I've known him for a while. Possibly felt more comfortable than I used to around him, but so what? Maybe I do have some feelings for me. But he's someone who would break me. Not show me what love is. He's the one who would go off to another girl once he got tired of me. I don't think I could handle that hurt.

"Have you ever thought about leaving the Elements?" I ask. I know I have. Ever since that dream about being stuck under a dome. I come to realize it seemed more like a vision. Or maybe a memory of someone else transported to my head. "Like running away?" I nod.

"Yes," that didn't surprise me, "truth?" His thumb skims along the inside of my wrist, and my whole body reacted as if I'd been in shocked. It scared me about how much I liked it. How much I wanted more. "Okay." I say turning my head to face him. Our eyes meet and I'm glad it's dark enough for him not to see my pink face.

"Would I be weird if I kissed you?" I stopped breathing. I didn't know how to answer. If I said no it would be weird. If I said it would be weird because I wouldn't know what to do after. Just continue the game? He laughed and cleared his throat. I couldn't look at him. I would have to say something if I did. He leaned closer. I could feel the air warm around us. Finally I find the courage to look into his eyes.

"Do you dare me?" He whispers.
I nodded, my pulse flying. My heart leaving. And my mind stopping.

He lifted my face gently. When his lips touched mine everything in me slowed and melted. The tightness in my throat disappeared, the nervous tingle in my chest eased. Everything faded. Everything but him. His lips pressed mine open, teasing first then tasting, Like ice cream. One of his hands move to the small of my back punching me closer. The other slid under my hair. My fingers longed for his skin and found his face. Tracing the strong lines of his neck.

He backs away slowly. Leaving me breathless. His arms still around me. A small smile crosses my lips and I feel my face heat up. I thought I would never do that again. But I found myself thinking elsewhere.

I look past him finding four large stars all different colors that didn't fit into the sky. They align. No not stars. But the planets aligning with the moon. "Look." I whisper to Asher. A star is thrown across them. Followed by others. Slowly they move. Slowly the plants will depart and the moment will be over. I don't want it to be over. Not now.

It's beautiful. The wind howls. The water sparkles. The trees come to life again. And the bridge under me becomes surprisingly comfortable. His arms are strong. His hands are soft. To my surprise my lids begin to drop and the last thing I feel are Asher's lips on my cheek.