Chapter Thirteen

Asher doesn't look so frightened. Of course he's clueless. I told no one who hit me. My bruise and my scratches are now gone. Only left with scars that are leaving as well. Though I think I'll get a new mark as they walk towards me. "I knew we would find you." She whispers. From the corner of my eyes I see Asher get up. The second girl walks up to Asher. Though she's not hurting just... Keeping him busy.

Though he notices when the first girls hands are on me. Choking me. It does go look so friendly. I can't breath. I try grabbing her arms trying to make her release me. Karma's a bitch. "Your mark." She's still tackling for that. I would roll my eyes. But I don't instead I spit into her eyes. She squirms as she looks back, throwing me to the ground. "I... I don't have one." I choke out.

I look to find Asher trying to get out of the second girls grip. And when he finally does he races towards me. My neck still red. I believe. I try to catch for my breath. As his warm hands are on my shoulder. "Asher she's not Nature." I hear one of them say. Though I cannot make out which one it is, they all sound the same. I guess I cannot hide my Element. I'm at a lace where the war of water and fire happened. I'm the only water surrounded my three fires. Two of them have some sort of clue that I'm not Nature. And one of them is suspicious.

"Yes she is." He says helping me up.

"Look at her mark it's not a leaf." The second girl says. She gives me an icy cold glare. It's cold and the glare sends snow. I can feel my eyes well up with tears. I should have went to someone else. I should have pretended to be a Sky. I would fit better with my blue eyes. Though my hair is not light.

He looks at me. I can feel he's tempted to look at my mark. I don't want him too. Neither do I want anyone else. "The shirt doesn't show her shoulder." He finds an excuse. I'm great full though I cannot smile. Not now. Not yet. "Then pull the collar down." The first one says being logic. I want to smash my head against a tree. My feet feels like it's about to fall. If it wasn't for Asher's arms I would have already fallen. Asher's arms... Oh no.

"She doesn't like to be touched." That's clearly just proven a lie since I'm basically in your arms. I back away a little thought his grip is strong. I'm scared.

"I'll do-"

"No!" He interrupts. He then looks at me and gives me a smirk. I give him a warning look with my eyes. This is the first time I look into his eyes directly. Though I'm to scared to make out it's color. His fingers curl up on my sleeve. No. No. His eyes locked on my shoulder. I pinch his hand so he could stop but he doesn't mind it. From the corner of my eyes I can see the girls have a grin growing on there faces.

When my mark comes visible he stops. Then looks up into my eyes. "She's nature. Maple leaf." He lied. My eyes widen. I was expecting him to trash me to the girls. No, he's probably keeping me for his own reward. "What?" They ask. He covers my mark with the palm of my hands. "You asked for her mark I told you what it was. Leave us." Asher snaps. And that's when I saw the anger in his eyes. With a hint if confusion. Good. Feel bad. Your the one who wanted this. I never liked you...

I try to back away from his arms as I watch the girls leave. I know they won't leave me alone until they see it themselves. But for now I need to deal with Asher. Fill his mind up with some lies. Like how this could be a tattoo and my other arm has the mark. But then again why am I trying to hide it from Asher. Why am I covering it up when I already know he's aware. The girls leave and I'm sure of it. Though I'm afraid of turning back towards him. Afraid of what I'll see. I try to back away again though his grip is tight on me as if I'm locked in his jail.

Half of me tells me I'm not only locked in his arms but also somewhere else. "Look at me." He commands. And my head spins back to him. I meet his eyes. His dark brown eyes. Thought they have one slash of good int them. There noticeable up close. There bea-horrible. Mind there horrible.

He doesn't speak just scares me as he looks into my eyes. I try to back away from him for the fourth time. "No." He says now holding me closer and tighter. "Don't move." I sigh hoping he heard it and takes it as a complaint. Though I doubt it because I'm still inches away from his lips. My heart will burst out of me and run away. I'm sure of it. It's beating so fast I think Asher might of heard it. "I knew you weren't Nature." I feel his breath tickle my nose. He's taller than me. About six feet. His scent of burning wood is stronger. Probably from standing around the fire.

"H-how?" Though I already know the answer. I just watch to hear him speak. His deep and soft voice. It confuses me if he's angry in me. I don't plan on asking.

"You don't flirt. You don't talk much. And when ever I would give you a chance to be with me you will try to ignore it." He's to close. Way close. I can feel his breath. I'm using his oxygen as mine. That's how close. And I'm scared. I've been trying to avoid this. And now I can't. Is it normal if your heart betrays you? What if your plan? You already like someone else! Half of my mind screams as I look into Asher's mesmerizing eyes.
He died Skylar. And he never liked you back. You don't like Asher...

"The fires burning." I quickly say. Trying to make him move back. He gives me a concerned look,

"Fires are meant to burn, love."

I feel stupid. I feel my face flushing with red.

"Why didn't you just... Give me to the girls?" I wonder if he's trying to keep me for himself. So he could win that award. I think it's fortune and fame. Or like being the next person to rule some place.

"It didn't seem right. Don't ask why because I don't know my self."

"P-Promise not to tell anyone?" I won't trust him. Even if I did I'm pretty sure someone will know soon. I don't know why I'm not freaking out or planning a murder trap so no words go out. But I'm pretty sure I've gone insane. It's probably from being choked. It's... Normal.

I look up meeting his eyes. It's been the fourth time I've seen those eyes. It's bothering me. He smirks like he understood what I thought. It's so convincing I almost though he heard me... Think. "Seal it with a kiss?" He asks. I stare at him. Then at his lips. Back to his eyes which are now waiting for an answer. Then realizing I've been looking for to long. "No." Pushing him back. Finally he let's go of me. A sigh of relief escapes my lips.

So close. To close. You have only a few hours left...