Chapter FourtySix

"You were born to be real. Not to be perfect."

***

I did not feel like leaving the area. It's nightfall and nocturnal animals begin to roam the area. The rivers noise begins to echo, signalling me to go inside. I head back inside quietly. It is passed curfew and if I am caught surely I would have to be checked. But, of course, my fear gets ahead of me. I don't like the dark... No, when I'm alone. I tend to fear it. As if something would pop out of no wear. Or maybe something would fall on me, I would eventually trip and wake something I don't intend to disturb. Are you afraid of the ghost? I remember Eros asking. I hold in a breath. Every time when he would speak electricity goes down my spine. But I shake my head, lying. I don't believe in them. I reply. But whenever I convince myself that they do not exist there's always something that hold me down.

The crickets are loud and my footsteps are louder. Entering the building is probably the hardest thing that I could possibly do. Even though the building probably takes up an entire city (if possible) Mrs Gravel can hear and see everything. Which is scary. As if she's the phantom or some shit.

Luckily my dorm is close to the door. And all rooms are closed. I am the only one who's still awake...Maybe.

The door creaks when I slowly open it. Cindy is in her bed sound asleep. Her hair put into a wet bun. And her pillow wet. I decided I would take a shower. And if anyone comes to wonder I would say I woke up and wanted to shower. Nothing to elaborate. I quickly grab fresh clothes and head to the shower room. Carefully peeling off my clothes and turning on the warm shower. I wait for the entire room to warm up before going in and soaking my back first. Cautiously I look to my shoulder where my birthmark stands.

Catch the ball Skylar. My father told me. I was little then and It was raining... I wanted to go out. And he decided to go with me. My little hands reach for the ball the size of my body. I remember the birthmark on my shoulder that day. When I first noticed it. "Look."I point to my shoulder staring at it. My father walks towards me... hesitates before he gives in a shaky laugh. "You're an Element." He mysteriously whispers into my ear, before lifting me up and carrying me back home. Back then I wasn't aware of my mark that much. But, of course, a child like me would show it off. Does it hurt? Eros once asked me in school when I showed him. I shake my head. "I noticed it on a rainy day." I point out giving a toothless grin. I got mine from camping. Eros showed me his shoulder revealing a small flame. "It's in the same spot." I let out a small gasp." and Eros nods his head. Wanna be friends? He takes out his small hands and I quickly nod taking his hand and shaking it. That was in Kindergarten.

Facing back to reality. I realized what I have lost... And for some reason Asher pops into mind. I like the sky. He told me. Always full of surprises. Beauty. Intelligence. Sometimes, I always catch it smiling. Laughing. And it's stars, laugh as well. With beauty that fills the world. The water on my skin sinks in. The scent of my shampoo is strong. And the scars on my stomach are visible bring back some more memories. I only spent 15 minutes with you, he once wrote. You owe me another 35. Which I promise you I will get soon. -Love Asher.

"Remember our deal?" He whispers not letting me leave. "Give the deal to someone." I hope he agree.

"No, the deal was with you."

"Pretend it was me."

"I don't like pretending, love." He says.

That day we were at a party. And I had to leave. Of Course, I have left every party. He followed me- which brought a smile to my face. Your walking into the janitors closet. He informs me when I insist that I can walk back to my area.

I see you picked letter C. Asher told me when he gave me my first kiss.

I know I've spent more than 3o minutes soaking myself with water and starring at my bar of soap.

The air was cold when I walked out. But the sun was still hiding and Cindy was still snoring. I had nothing to do. Except think. Which now, I believe is not a good thing. It sucks that we wont 'level up'. We stay as year one until we find more Elements. Now, I am supposed to be a year two. With new classes... Maybe ones without Asher and Kyle in them. Maybe classes with Cameron and Cindy... Possibly Damon. But half of me still wants Asher.

The only reason why Kyle and I were. . . "Together" was because of Asher. Well, at least my point was. I regret it. Even though in the beginning I clearly stated no regrets when I say Ashers face. Am I really that kind of person? The one that is always determined to get back at people. I was never like this... For real.

The more I think the more I believe I should cut my social life. It ruined me. Turned me into a monster I feared to be. I let out a sigh. And then mentally slap myself at the mistakes I have caused for myself.

My eyes soon to become heavy, then I drift off to a deep sleep.

***

Stupid Alarm clock. And Cindy setting them up at like 5 in the morning. "Turn it off." I mumble to her. But she doesn't answer. Neither does the beeping stop. "What the hell Cindy turn the damn thing off." Now partically yelling at her, like a runk person would do. But it still goes off. The sun kills my eyes and as much as I dont want to admit it... Im awake. When I turn around a murderous screams escapes my mouth as I watch blood drip from the wall.