Chapter Four

"The worst day of my life." Cindy says as she plops herself next to me at the lunch table. I usually pack my own lunch... But now I can't do that. Stop thinking about your past. I give her a look asking why. "First of all," she behind her list. "I have no classes with that Asher dude. Only History. Second of all I have that annoying dude. Damon or David what's his name... In all my classes. And third of all I'm all alone! I only have you but your only in my history class." Well... I smile.

"Yours isn't that bad." I say trying to reassure her. Mine is worse... "I have all my classes with that dude. I want to stay as far away from him but he only sits near me which I don't like. He won't stop kicking my seat or tapping his pencil on my desk or turning around and tapping his hand on my desk or bugging me!" Finally I actually start to feel comfortable speaking to her. English class was horrible. My favorite subject was horrible. He sat right next to me. And the desks were collided together no apart. So he wasn't that far. I just don't talk to him. Even if he was trying to start a conversation I would ignore him or just answer simply.

" I would switch schedules with you. Skylar do you know how lucky you are to sit next to the hottest dude here?" She says staring at me. With no joke in here eyes. The second year people come in looking like they are 19 or 20 years old. One of them go to Asher's table greeting himself.

"It's been our second day here and everyone is acting like they've known each other for years." I say. She nods in agreement. I take a bite out of the cheese sandwich. "I need to go to the library soon. I missed something's." I say.

"I can help." She offers a small smile. "it's okay. I need to get other things as well."

She agrees. I stare at the food. Suddenly I don't feel like eating. Damon comes in and sits with us. Cindy looks like she would kill her self. "I... Need to head to the library." She gives me a look that says not to leave her. I frown trying my best sympathetic look. She rolls her eyes telling me that I'm excused and I smile as I leave her to her nightmare. I felt bad... But then again I'm not a fan of big mouths.

The place is big as I try to find my way towards the library. They should have signs here. I just go where my feet carry me holding my books closer to me. My bad feels heavy on my back. I'm suppose to be at the end of high school. It feels like I just started it. I look around like I'm in panic. I'm lost. It's like getting lost in a super market. But this place is empty with large doors leading to who knows what. I'm not surrounded by food. It would be better if I was.

"Lost?" Someone says behind me. I look back to see a girl roughly around her twenties. She has a small smile on her face. Her hair is light almost white looking. She has light blue eyes that stare at me with kindness. I nod. "Yeah. I just want the library." She looks at me as if I said a swear. "No one really goes to the library. But follow me." She says leading her way ahead of me. I follow her. No one goes to the library. She said... Okay? So like there are ghosts in the library or something? Or they just hate books. But my English teacher said that us Elements read... A lot. Whether there texts or novels. She opens the door leading me towards a room filled with books. I smile and whisper a thank you as she leaves.

This place has only about five people. I walk in looking at books trying to get the history books. But I find my self looking at romantic books, dystopian books and fictional book. I grab three that would interest me. Forgetting about history I find my self sitting and starting to read 50 Shades Of Grey. It's a habit for me to fiddle with my hair while I'm reading. Or to play with my fingers while working. Sometimes if I think to hard I end up staring at someone. Which makes them feel uncomfortable... Yet I don't realize I'm looking until I'm out of my thoughts. I find myself caught up in the book and my thought barely realizing I had someone next to me. Well, not until they make it obvious by closing my book. I look up annoyed. "May I help you?" I asks calming myself.

"Yeah. Do you know where I could find that book?" A boy asks. I look up taking in his features. He looks Nature. With his copper red hair and light brown eyes. His hair covers part of his eyes although when he smiles his white teeth glow. I recognize him he sits in front of me in English class. He point to my pile of books. The Great Gatsby. I look at the book. I've read it once. I don't have to read it again... Even though it's kind of fuzzy. I smile and say "you can take it."

"Are you sure. I mean your going to read it." He says. Then why ask me...

"Yeah I'm sure. I already read it." I say still smiling. I need to get rid of the smile anytime now and he'll notice it's fake. Or I'll probably scare him. Looking like a freaky clown-minus the makeup. He takes the book and sits down next to me. "Mind if I sit here?" Well you already sat...

"No." I flip my book back to my page and continued reading. "I'm Cameron. Nature."

"Skylar. Nature." No one speaks in sentences this generation. No one takes the time too. Plus I'm reading so even if your telling me that the world is ending I'll just nod and say 'that's cool.' Or 'have fun'.

"Your in my English class right." He says. I'm never going to read the book. So I close the book and nod placing it on my lap. "Do you like being Nature?" He asks me.

"It's only been two days since I knew." I remind him. I'm not used to it. Neither was I expecting it. Then again everyone in the entire world watches out but me. They make sure at the age of 18 nothing weird happens or if there being followed. Most of the people get kidnapped at the age of 18. They were probably taken here since there parents did not fully agree or something like that.

"True. But you have an idea." He says.

"Honestly, I don't even think I'm meant to be an Element." I told him the truth... I just trusted a stranger who only sat in front of me for one day. And asked where to find a book. And I'm telling him the truth? He gets up and tells me to follow him. I grab my books and do as he tells me. Great... Now I'm following him. He takes me to the desk to check out my books. He check out The great Gatsby while I check out my three books. "Sorry. I didn't think we should talk about Elements in a quiet place." He says as we leave. I wondered why but I nod like I understood. When in reality I'm clueless like a lost dog.

"I think it's just because it's your first day." He says. I don't know where we're heading. "Technically it isn't my first day. It's just my first day knowing." I say. He smiles. "Well, now that you say it like that."

I listen to our foot steps,The only thing you could hear in this hallway. No-I take that back. Cameron stops when he hears glass shatter. I stop as well. Although if I was alone I would keep going as if I heard nothing. He looks at me as if he's making sure I heard that. I just shrug. "Probably the kitchen." I say as I try to move on. He grabs my arm. "The kitchen is all the in the third building." Oh so there a building now. It's like I've been locked in a cage. Then again I am. I haven't felt the cold win on my cheeks for two days. Something new for me.

"Drunk kids." I say. He agrees as we continue walking. Although I have this feeling that where walking towards the area where the glass broke. "Keep it PG!" I hear Cameron say. I turn around to find Cameron covering his innocent eyes. Then my eyes lie on what's behind Cameron. Asher and this girl. Looks like an Air are making out. Where did they come from? I find myself staring. Immediately I turn around reaching for Cameron's arm as we run out of the hall. I swear when ever I hear glass break I will never follow it. Never.