Chapter Nine

I wake up with Cindy singing. "Why are you cheerful?"

"You look like Dracula's meal. Go clean yourself and I'll tell you." Supposedly messed up looking Skylar is Dracula's meal. How delicious. Although I think he wouldn't find enough blood in me. I chuckle at my own joke. Not even close to funny. I carefully wash my face feeling the bruise on my lips. I brush my hair quickly pulling it up in a small ponytail. I look at myself remembering yesterday. I agreed to go to a party. Now I just need to get in trouble on the day of the party. Should break my arm or something.

I walk out of the bathroom. I move to the kitchen grabbing juice. "Well me and Damon are together." She says dancing around. I choke on my juice. Twice...

"It's been a week!" Relationship much. It's been a week and now they plan on getting all smoochy. "What where you doing yesterday with him?" I dare to ask even though I kind of know part of the answer. "Stuff."

"Oh my god. Cindy it's been a week and you're already in bed with him?" I say staring at her. She stops dancing. "No! And if that happened we'll use protection. I'll make sure." Typical Nature.

"And you're a Nature. You'll be in a relationship by tomorrow." She informs.

"I don't do relationships."

"Then you don't do Nature. By the way, yesterday at the party this third year got jealous said he could do better. So now there's a party today. You coming?" She asks.

"Yeah." So far for breaking myself.

"Good. You missed a lot yesterday. Noel had some fun with Asher." Wasn't Asher with me in the last hour? There we go... He just does it and runs towards someone else. I bet Noel wasn't the only one to have fun with him. Ew... And he touched me.

"And your planning for me to have fun?" I ask. I can barely show my mark... The only fun I'll be having is the fun with I look around, trying to stay away from the fires yet still be close enough.

My luck.

***

We learn how to meditate today. I say near the water and put my feet in it. And talked with the group. Calming ourselves. I liked how the water would forcefully push my feet. The current was strong. Of course the fires would be around. They would jump from tree to tree like monkeys. They would even try meditating with us. Some even swam in the river... I thought you hated water. The natures would talk about how beautiful the day is. Boring... And the air would talk about how clean and how moist the air is... Boring. And I would sit down thinking about what if I fell off? Would the water drag me? Or I wonder where the end is in this river? Or how there could be a waterfall just ahead. Then I would look up at the flying Fire monkeys. The fire monkeys... I like that. Asher one of them.

***

I don't like parties. I would rather be left alone. I would rather jump off a bridge. But a party is better than spending a night with Asher. Who knows what could happen. I just want to be hidden. I think I'll throw up. Parties lead to death...

Death...

Insanity.

Ambulance.

Hospital.

Rushing.

Tears.

Fights.

Tears.

More tears.

Oh and tears.

Then death.

Leaving me with