Chapter FourtyThree

You are free to make whatever choice you want, but you are not free from the consequences of the choice.

***

A consequence is something that follows naturally from a person's action, inaction or poor decision. It differs from a punishment in that a punishment is retribution. Punishment is "getting back" at someone, to hurt them back for a hurt they did. When you get a speeding ticket, it's not a retribution for something you did wrong. It's a consequence of your poor choices and decisions.

My consequence for not having a quiet mouth. For talking to Asher. For Dating Kyle. For having friends that I became comfortable within minuets. And I literally mean minutes! I roomed with Cindy after an hour of a speech no one wanted to hear then dragged into a room with her. Within that time spans I told her about my family and then in an instant things led to things I did not want happening.

Honestly what happened to staying low... Like when I first came here. But this is all my fault. I tend to blame others. "Grace!" Mr. North calls. Asher stops near the door and looks at me with wide eyes. "Its okay Asher you can go back." Mr.North insures him. But Asher doesn't leave instead he takes out his phone and fiddles around with it leaning against the door. Hes not going to do anything.

Of course he would not. This is my fault. Grace races down and before she reaches me Asher trips her... Purposely. "Apologies." he mumbles taking out his hand for her to reach for it. When she gets up he moves her close to him.. uncomfortably close. I watch as his lips move near her hear telling her something. She gives him a glare then a smirk crosses her lips.

She walks up to Mr.North who is still glaring at my shoulder vexatiously. "yes sir." Her grin still not wiped from her face.

For some reason when I hear the name Grace I suspect a light blonde with light eyes and pale skin. Possibly pink lips and only a little of make up. Her hair could be strait Or maybe contains some curls.

But No. My imagination gets flushed when this grace comes along. Of course not graceful at all. With her thick black strait hair. Her eyes so dark if you look into them you seem to get lost into her darkness. Her lips red from her lipstick and her makeup heavy. Her aroma is thick and her scent could be smelt from all the way across the world. Shes not bad. . . Just possibly someone you wouldn't want to be touched by. Yet here I am. Standing between Mr.North and Grace. Asher leaves but not without looking at Grace and telling her something with his glare. Of course he would not look at me. He kept a strait face and walked off as if I was never there. Right now... I wished I was never here.

"Please check Skylar's mark. And inform me." Mr.North says.

Grace walks up to be and places her hand on the wrong shoulder. I looked at her thinking maybe she had a headache. But she looked confident as she slightly pulls my sleeve down to reveal an empty shoulder. Mr. North does not notice it was the wrong shoulder so i pretend she looking at the right one. She keeps a strait face and says, "Nature. Andrew don't go snooping around peoples files when your interested in them. How many times have I told you to back off." She adds a wink.

First name ha...

"Thank--" before he can finish his sentence I enter the room and slouch back into my seat. All eyes stare as I walk in.

"What happened?" Cindy whispered. I shrug in response.

***

"We'll just pretend to have the element." Cameron says staring at the screen with the game controller in his hand. Rico sits next to him eyes on the screen as well. He leans while hes playing. There to focused to even know I'm in here. I did not know Rico and Cameron knew each other. But its none of my business. Quietly I move towards Cameron's bed and sat watching them play there game in front of me.