Chapter FourtyEight

"People change. The memories don't."

***

It is hot... very hot. And it looks like I am cautious with my breathing. As if every breath I take costs a hundred dollars... or maybe my life. Quick images come to my head. Of a boy, a familiar one. With golden hair that is blinding. And gorgeous eyes that look at me with a plain expression. Then I see me. I see me... Yet, it is not me. For some reason, this Skylar had no fears. This Skylar wasn't trapped. Neither was she confused. She was happy... She did not know she was an Element. Maybe just a lucky girl who knew the boy. A smile forms on her face as the boy pulls down his collar. "It looks like a flame." She whispers staring at the mark in this shoulder. "My girlfriend thinks it signifies good looks... as in 'Im hot'" At the word girlfriend the girls lips turn into a frown. "That's cool." Again I look into her-my eyes. Love. She was in love with him. Yet he never felt the same. He sees her as a friend. Nothing more. "Eros, I don't trust her." She says honestly. "Of course you wouldn't." He mumbles "You hate everyone I loved." He said Loved... Not liked. I could see hurt in her eyes. "It is not illegal to be suspicious. "Cops do it, Parents do it, and best friends so why can't I?" She asks.

"Because to me... your none of those," Eros replies in a harsh voice and gets up. She's hurt.. again if it is possible. He is breaking her. Or she is already broken. "My Girlfriend is hosting a party. Do you want to come?" Emphasis on the word girlfriend. "Its not safe. They will be drunk people and sex addicts. You're too young anyway." She says looking him. This time with a straight face and no emotion. "Are you coming?" He asks again practically screaming at her. "No." she nearly chokes out,

"good no one wanted you to come anyways." Eros practically spits. At that, I get up grabbing my coat and left. "Asshole," I mumble to myself.

That night I got a call on my phone. Of course, it was too late to answer I was fast asleep. But when the call kept on going I had to answer. Immediately I regret it as I hear, "Is this Skylar Pierre?"

"yes. I hope you are aware that it is 12:00 AM and I am asleep. So if you and your friends weren't drunk you would probably realize." I say as I still hear the music playing in the background. I am about to end a call when I hear "This is the police. Your friend Eros Ronan has been severely injured-" I am still in my PJs as I run out the door toward the bitch-Eros 'girlfriends'- house. It is not a long drive she is just a few streets away. And when I arrive I look around for Eros. There was a fire that has just gone out according to the smell. And when I look into the ambulance's I pray he is alright. One question lies in my head... would he do this for me? If I was in his situation would he care?

Finally, I found him and a scream is let out. His right arm looks like it is about to fall and it is only hanging from the threads.

He moved. I don't know if he survived. Again I see images. Not of Eros but of Ronan. Who looks exactly like Eros. His mechanical arm is the same arm Eros injured. His hair and his eyes. His smile and his laugh. HIs eagerness. "Your Skylar Pierre... Ronan talks about you."

"Eros!" Is the first word I say when I wake up. The second was "Ronan." and the third was "Shit". How could I not see that Ronan was Eros? Cindy is the only one who knows about Eros. Right now she is with Eko. The craziest child that ever lived. It's only 6:00. She would murder me if I woke her up... And Eko, god knows what she would do. I feel blind and lost at the same time. Of course, I have no choice to go to Cindy and when I do I spill everything. From the moment I met Ronan to my dream, I had of Eros. "Do you still love him?" She now asks looking at me with questioning eyes.

Do I still love him? Looking back I actually do question that. He was cruel and I guess I was young to know what type of feeling I was discovering. Yet there were so many good things. Our memories since we were together. When we first met he introduced his mark to me and I did the same. But I guess like he, I now see him as a friend. A very cute one. I hesitate before I answer because honestly I have no Idea. "No." I am beginning to fear my own decisions. Some of them I do not agree. Others I wait and see what would happen next. "Sometimes Your choices lead to fear. And the fear leads to depression. But you made yours because you have found someone better than Eros. I am not sure who... But when you do find out don't let him slip." she says then gets up "or else I will go all bitchy on your ass."