Chapter FourtySeven

"I like people with depth, I like people with emotion, I like people with a strong mind, an interesting mind, a twisted mind, and people who can make me smile."

-Abbey Lee Kershaw

***

"Holly mother of shit! Shit! Cindy!" I scream. Cindy is not in her bed. And the shower is running. I'm almost afraid if the blood belongs to Cindy. "Oh." Cindy walks out of the shower with her towel on her head. "Did you do that?" She calmly asked. "I wouldn't have shit my pants if I did that." Still scarred. I feel like my heart finally gave up on me for the hundredth time. "Halloween is not until the next month." She points out. Then walks closer to it. "What does it say?" Now that I have looked closer to it, it seems to be saying something.

"Its a joke." Still my heart feels like it ran the marathon. Like what the hell? "Cindy did you do this" Realizing how calm she is. Unlike me, I was dying. You don't wake up every day with blood art on your wall. "Its not ketchup." She dodges my question. "Did you taste it?" I ask in disgust. she hesitates before she answers. I squirm, "Gross. We're people, not vampires."

"I thought it was ketchup."

"You don't go around tasting tampons thinking their ketchup. Do you?" She shakes her head. Immediately knocking begins at our door. I walk over to open the door. I didn't even shower yet. "I knew it," Asher says as I open the door. Mrs.Gravel travels behind him. Mr. North follows. And surprisingly Kyle is here too. "What?" Cindy still hasn't dried her hair. And I still haven't showered. I can taste the horrible morning breath.

Mr. Gravel stares at our bloody wall... She probably thinks its fruit punch... Please don't taste it.

But when she lets out a heavy sigh I now begin to worry. "I am afraid our worst fear has been revealed. Lock this room."

"wait... what about us?" Lock up the room. Lady, we live here you can't lock it.

"what's going on?" Cindy asks. "Its ketchup right? Or fruit punch? Is it tomato sauce? tomato soup?"

"They have noticed we have more than one of our rare element. And we are running out of elements, not enough newborns are born as an Elemental... This is a warning."

What?

"Who the fuck is they?" I quickly question, confused about her statement.

More than one rare element? More than one me...?

Someone else is a water.

"Miss. where do we stay. You're not locking us up with ketchup?" Cindy now questions. "It's not ketchup," I mumble to her.

You know that horrible feeling you get when you think you're being watch.... I can feel it. "We'll find a room for you. Now please leave."

"And our stuff." Cindy

"Mr.North will collect that."

"Actually," Both Cindy and I object, "We are capable for our own items." We both know we have items there that should be hidden. Like pictures of our ordinary life. And the dictionary most importantly. Cindy's credit cards. And our ordinary phones.

"Mr. North will collect everything." She repeat.

"were screwed," Cindy whispers to me.

A hand reaches for me as Cindy leaves me and I pray it's not Kyle. "You're staying with me," Asher's voice whispers into my ear.

"No."

"I am not letting you go alone with a threat in the building." And now you care Asher.

"I have Cindy." Now looking into his dark eyes. God how much I missed his eyes. The shining gold that are behind every light. And the way his lips curve when he smiles. And his scent. Of wood and cologne. The smell that comforts me.