Chapter Fourty

Hard love is the kind where two people struggle and do stupid things to tell one another a message. A message of love. Hidden love is the kind of love he gives to her he does it the hard way. A mysterious way. And an evil way. But he loves her. -Anonymous

Knock!

I don't answer.

Knock! Knock!

"Who's there?" I yell

No answer.

Knock!

I don't answer. It's the night of the party. The one Kyle invited me to. I never wanted to go. And I won't go even if I am dragged. I suspect Kyle to be at the door wanting me to go.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"I'm not going." I yell from my bed. No one speaks at the door. Lazily I get up and turn on the lights before throwing the door open. "Is this a joke?" Asher says looking at me with wide eyes.

"Um.. Nothing popping out of the door so I guess your safe." I mumble clueless. Inside my evil flares. And my excitement of life finally begins. I only have little joy in my life now... But this could last for a life time. To see his face made me want to smile. I hope he feels the same way I felt before. Though I feel cruel and maybe hurt. But he deserves it playing with so many girls all at once. It bothers me because every five minutes he's with another girl. One blonde next red the other a brunet. And every time he does this it seems as though he does this to hurt me.

"You and Kyle are a thing now?" He says calmly now bring his rage down a level. I nod but when I realize it's dark I say "yes." I wished not. I feel foolish for saying yes. Does this pit a bad tag on me?

"What about your hundred lady friends today. How many have you got pregnant?" I say now feeling guilty with myself. Intend to close the door but:

"Where not allowed to get anyone pregnant fear if there not a element." He whispers his hands how on my arm stopping me from my action.

"Oh good because if not every slut will be carrying your child." I mumble pulling my arm away from me. Just when I started liking you Asher you slip away from me. "Good night." He says giving me a stare before he turns away and leaves. A heavy feeling on my heart tells me this is the last conversation we will have. I close the door behind me before I fall.

A tear stream down my face but quickly I wipe it off. It's his fault. And my fault for being cruel. But he is the reason why I am doing this. I grab my book and continued to read it as if nothing had happened.

***

Of course Cindy doesn't come back for a while and when I wake up she's still not in her bed. Lazily I throw myself over and started to prepare myself for class. Kyle now sits in Asher's seat. The one behind me. He's always whispering something to me and I smile as if I enjoy it. "What do you think about the ordinary world Sky." Mr. North says.

"It's Skylar, sir." I say to him. I don't like to be called Sky. Especially now.

"Excuse me?"

"My names Skylar." I tell him.

"I know your name."

"Well then call me by it." I mumble.

"Someone panties are in a twist!" Asher yells across the room letting everyone make sure that there up my ass. "My panties have nothing to do with this." I mumble. But Asher doesn't hear me. Or he doesn't want to reply. I kind of wanted him to reply.

"Anna." Mr. North says not bothering to go back to me "what do you think?"

"I think it's normal. I've lived there my entire and you have lived there before. It's normal... Ordinary." Anna says.

"So you don't feel... Elemental or are you more aware with your surrounding."

She's quite for a while. Amend I begin to think. I was more aware n or as I was like I usually am. Maybe a little more fun which is now bothering me because seeing my fun side is a bad weakness. "More aware of my surrounding." She whispers.

"And how?" he questions with a grin.

"I don't know there's always a feeling. I can sense people. I... Seem to understand things better." She whispers.

"And you have discovered it." He says

"Wait. Discovered what?" I ask. Looking art him all confused then looking at Amy who's grin is the size of Asia. "Who can smell a pizza place that was miles away?" Mr.north asks looking around the room. A boy sitting in the middle row raises his hand. "You have the power of scent." Mr. North says. "Who discovered that they could run faster then a car." A girl with red hair raises her hand quickly. My eyes grow. "But... I thought us Elements don't have... Weird affects." I say.

"No we all do. We just don't tell you until you go to the outside world to figure it out yourself. Has you gotten yours." I stare at my hands now hoping something randomly Pops up. Hokukpokas alakazam? But nothing work. Do I even have a unique quality. Truth to be told I don't even think I noticed anything. I have no skill maybe. As a matter of fact I'm a water. Maybe being a water element doesn't give you an affect. I shake my head in shame. Mr. North tsks. "Next time pay more attention to yourself." He says then move so with class. People start to talk about themselves. Talking about how they felt. Eventually these unique qualities became stupid. One says he has the power to make a guy cry. But I have that to on a regular basis. These affects are something no one can do. Something very unique Mr. North explains. Kyle says he has the power to heal. He explains that when he hit his head against a magical lamppost it auto magically heals once he touched it with his hands. I wanted to laugh but then again I have nothing. Asher stayed quiet. He didn't speak. And when Mr.north asked about his unique quality he simply said "I wish not to speak of it sir."

That has gotten me curious. What if he hadn't figured it out. Or worse... What if it's bad. Mr. North said that there was some bad qualities that would possibly go against human nature. Like controlling the mind or reading minds or the power to survive. Some people have both... He said there was weird ones. Like growing extra fingers. Some are Useless. Like keeping your eyes open for about an hour. Some stupid, like growing an extra piece of hair. And some cool ones... Like invisibility.

Apparently I have not seen anyone use there powers in front of me. Everyone seemed normal. But now that I'm aware of this I will tend to see the difference in some people. Maybe it's good... Maybe it's bad.

"When you say power to survive what do you mean." Cindy asks. She has gotten the power to see the insides. Like seeing what is behind walls and humans and weird things like that. But is rarely happens the explains to us. That so,engines a flash of bones would show up but the go, or she could see through the hotel walls and see the people who lived near us but then the image would go.

"It means that this person if you left them out in the wild they will know how to feast pain food. Catch food. They will know how to kill, hunt, and if injured they would know what to do with themselves."

"That would be cool." Kyle mumbles behind me. I nod in reply. It's cool for some people. It's cool if your an outside person.

Maybe my power is to destroy...

I tend to destroy everything that comes in my way.

Which sucks.