Chapter Twenty

I have been avoiding them. Cindy helps. She calls me and informs me where they are. But then when I saw her she couldn't call me. She told me that they can track our calls. They will do anything. So I put away my phone leaving it in my back pocket. The have been all over the place. I feel like I'm a trapped mouse wanting to run away from the lion behind him in a maze. I can't do this. At one point I was ready to give up.

I run up the stairs. Down the stairs. Then when I hear them yell, hey you. Or stop right there. My pace quickens. For most people it's a normal Saturday. For me it's like I'm working out when I'm suppose to be watching Tv. I walk around with nothing but my phone. Around the rooms even into the school department. I have been everywhere. The places I have never seen before I see now. I hate being an Element. I hate being my element. If I wasn't water I wouldn't be doing this. If I was Nature I would love to flirt. I probably would laugh more. Smile more. And stop thinking a lot. Asher and I could be... Friends.

I don't even think Asher and I are in good terms right now.

I haven't spoken to anyone besides Cindy. She wanted to walk with me but I knew I would put her into misery and she would slow me down. So I just told her to keep me up to date. It's the only thing that would keep me going the right way.

I start to thinking about the worst things I could bump into right now. The two girls that hate me. The investigators. Cameron, he will slow me down. Probably wants me to stop and talk which I can not do. Noel, will probably want to talk about her escape. Then about how the fires are inspecting the buildings. Then she would probably want to see my mark since no one but Asher saw it.

My foot steps echo in the dark hallway. Everyone is inside. Only a few are outside roaming the area. I begin to hear someone join me. I soften my steps but quicken my pace. Though they seem to realize and they run towards me. Smashing into me. They grab my wrist as I am pulled inside a dark room.