The Earring

✦𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞✦

Your second day of school ended and you were packing your bags, getting ready to leave.

"Hey, Y/N," Rose and Juleka approached you in front of the table.

"We're all going to Juleka's for a study group on our upcoming test this Friday. Do you wanna come with us?" Rose asked you and Juleka nodded.

You looked at both of them, surprised and confused. "Wait, who all are going? And what test?" You blinked, trying to take all this information in.

"Our history test. The date was given to us last week, before you arrived," Juleka told you.

"Our whole class is going! Well, Adrien is still trying to persuade his father to go," Rose shrugged.

"Even Chloe?" You raised your brow.

"Mhm!" Rose smiled.

"She invited herself in," Juleka sighed, clearly not wanting her to come.

You laughed, finding that funny. "That's believable," you said and thought about going. "I'm gonna ask my brother if I can go," you told them.

They looked at you with eyes showing how clueless they are.

"You have an older brother?" Rose asked.

"Yes, I do. He's actually the new English teacher here!" You smiled, proud to have him as your brother. "He's also my guardian," you said.

"Your guardian? What about your par-" Rose didn't get to finish her question since Juleka put her arm out in front of her, indicating that she should stop, and shook her head at her.

"Let's go to my brother's class," you moved from your seat and walked next to them.

You don't like talking about your parents' death. Fortunately, Juleka knew that the topic was personal and Rose got the hint. You went to your brother's class and he was happy to see you as always.

"Oh, hello!" He kindly smiled at you and your friends.

"Hey, Nath- Uh, Mr. L/N!" You quickly covered up your mistake. "These are my friends, Rose and Juleka," you introduced them.

"Hi!" Rose waved with a grin on her face.

"Good afternoon," Juleka said.

"Good afternoon, I'm Mr. L/N, your new English teacher. It's nice to meet you both. Thanks for being Y/N's friend. Please take care of her," he said to them.

"Nathannnn," you felt embarrassed.

Rose giggled. "We will!" She told him.

"So, what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked.

"My class is going to Juleka's place for a study group for our upcoming history test. Can I go?" You popped the question.

"Oh, will there be a chaperone?" He asked for your safety.

"Yes, my mom will be there," Juleka nodded.

"Then, of course you can go. Just don't come home too late, or call me if you need a ride," he said to you and you smiled. "Thanks, Nate!" You hugged him.

"I'll update you!" You waved to him as you all made your way out his classroom.

"You better!" He waved back at you.

"Your brother seems nice! We have his class tomorrow," Rose said.

"Yup! He's a fun teacher too, so his class won't be boring. I promise."