Trust and Distrust

✦𝐓𝐞𝐧✦

"Flutter, I'm sorry!"

Your kwami was mad at you. You transformed against her will because you wanted to try and help people, despite the villain's territory being water.

"What if your wings had gotten wet and Ladybug and Chat Noir really needed your help? Then you couldn't have done anything! You should have waited!" She scolded you.

Your wings are what makes Mariposa, Mariposa. Sadly, you're not indestructible. Your weakness is water. If your wings get wet, you won't be able to fly or use any of your powers.

"I know, but I made sure to not get any water on them, and I didn't! Please forgive me. Flutter?" You opened your arms.

"Hmph." She folded her arms and turned her head from you. She then sighed and drooped her arms. "Okay, I guess you did take care of them," she gave in. "You did a good job, Y/N," she said and flew to you as she hugged you and you hugged her back with your hands.

You heard a gentle knock on the door, following by your brother opening the door to your room. "You guys have to come see this!" He said with his hand still on the doorknob. After he said that, he went back out to the living room. You and Flutter both looked at each other before following him. He turned the volume from the TV up and your eyes widened when you saw what was on the news.

"Yes, this is Nadja Chamack. Locals and non-locals are raving about our new superhero, Mariposa! Not only is this dazzling hero beautiful, she also has the sweetest heart. This was proven today as she helped and saved many citizens and tourists. But her kindness didn't stop there. She even helped pets, strays and wild animals that escaped from the zoo. Here's a video of her lifting a tiger out of the water and carrying it to safety."

"Wow, you were busy," Nathaniel was in awe as he watched the screen.

"Oh, this is embarrassing," you covered your face.

"Why is it embarrassing? They're praising you!" Flutter said.

"That's why it's embarrassing!"

"That's funny. When you're Mariposa, that shyness of yours is nowhere to be seen. You even become narcissistic," he commented.

"Shut up!" You threw a pillow at him and he laughed.

"Paris thanks Mariposa for her benevolent acts and can't wait to see more of what she does. The kids simply adore her. We've received lots of fan mail of cards, gifts and drawings for our butterfly fairy."

"Butterfly fairy?" You furrowed your brows.

"Guess that's your new nickname," Nathaniel said.

"I love it!" Flutter clapped her kwami hands.

"Thank you also always, Ladybug and Chat Noir for defeating Syren. Paris is lucky to have our trustworthy superheroes. This was Nadja Chamack, giving you miraculous news. See you next time," she waved.

"Good for her," Adrien said as he watched the news on his TV.

"Good? But, she's stealing your spotlight!" Plagg said.

Plagg is the kwami of destruction. He resembles a cat, having cat ears, a tail, two cat incisors, and green cat-like eyes, along with one whisker on his forehead and one dark blue whisker on each cheek. He has a big head with a small body, like all kwamis do.