A Sweet Lullaby

ʚ30ɞ

"How could this be?!" You were pacing back and forth in your room. "But, it has to be!" You concluded. "It's him!"

Flutter silently watched as you spiraled into madness over this discovery. She didn't know what to say to you at all. She already knew of course. But she couldn't tell you that.

"The more I think about it, the more it makes sense! Their personalities are so different, but as I'm getting closer to Adrien, I feel like it adds up? I could totally see him making corny cat puns for a laugh. And his usernames! Him being a fan of Ladybug, it just makes sense!! This couldn't be a coincidence, I'm right! Right? Flutter!" You looked at your kwami. "You know I'm talking to you! Why are you so quiet? With something as big as this, it's not like you to keep your mouth shut. Unless... YOU ALREADY KNEW?!"

"H-Huh? N-No! I-I'm just as shocked as you are!"

"Oh my gosh, you knew!" You easily saw through her lie. "Then it's true? It's Adrien? Chat Noir is..." You gasped and covered your mouth.

Up until now, you have had a crush on Chat Noir. That means that you technically also had a crush on Adrien. ADRIEN. Someone you definitely don't want to romantically get involved with, being the famous person he is. Who would have thought you'd end up liking him anyway? How could this happen?! Even if you were only thinking of Chat Noir, you felt like you were just another one of Adrien's fangirls.

"Ughhhh," you wallowed in despair and sat on your bed, staring into the nothing. "Now what? How can I face him? Should I tell him my secret identity, too?"

"Absolutely not!!" Flutter flew directly in front of you. "It's dangerous enough that you know his! If you both know each other's secret identities, then it'll be even more risky!"

"Yeah, but I don't wanna deceive him.."

"You won't be deceiving him! You both were already hiding the fact that you're superheroes, no? What's the difference now?"

"Well, when you put it like that, I suppose you're right," you sighed. "No, you're right, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess this all has me pretty shaken up. It's safer for him not to know my secret, too. I'll just have to pretend like everything's fine and move on from this like it's normal. Mhm!" You nodded.

"Great!"

"So, when did you find out?"

"Uh... Haha.. Remember when you had that group assignment?" She told you about how she met Plagg that day.

"Wow... You knew this whole time? And didn't tell me? You usually tell me everything once it happens. I'm impressed."

"You're not mad at me, are you?" She looked you with big puppy-eyes.

"Not at all. You were only doing what's right. Now that that's settled, let's finally get some good sleep!" You grinned.

"Finally!" She flew towards your free pillow and laid on it as you tried to get comfortable on your bed. "Nighty night, Y/N!"

"Sweet dreams, Flutter," you smiled at her.

Flutter easily fell asleep whilst you were still awake, unable to shake off an uneasy feeling.

"Before Ladybug, my life was so boring until I got this miraculous and met her for the first time."

"Fighting together, laughing together. If I lose her, then.. Everything will go back to how it was before. A sad, never-ending cycle of just doing what I'm told."

'A never-ending cycle he said... I think his tears had a deeper meaning than just heartbreak. Adrien, are you really okay?'

Before you knew it, you too had also fallen soundly asleep.