The Guardian

✦𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞✦

It was Sunday, two days after Mariposa defeated Aphrodite. Ladybug had just de-transformed back into her normal self, Marinette. Earlier, she took care of two black panthers that were on the loose with Chat Noir and Rena Rouge, the fox superhero. Mariposa, their supposedly new partner was nowhere to be seen, so Ladybug asked Rena Rouge for help. Marinette was now at the guardian's house. She knew who he was the whole time, but decided not to tell Mariposa.

"So, what's bothering you, Marinette?" Master Fu, the guardian of the miraculous box asked her. Real name, Wang Fu, is a short Chinese man with chestnut brown eyes. His hair is medium gray, and he has a mustache, eyebrows and goatee. He was wearing a red Hawaiian shirt with a white hibiscus flower pattern, tan capri pants, dark brown shoes, and the Turtle Miraculous on his right wrist.

"H-How did you know?" Marinette was surprised. Marinette's kwami, Tikki, flew over to Wayzz.

Tikki is the kwami of creation. She resembles a ladybug, with two antennae, a large black spot on her forehead, back, and each side of her head, and a short tail with three tips aligned vertically. She has a tiny body, a large head, dark blue eyes, and freckles across her face. Her skin is red.

Wayzz is the kwami of protection. He has yellow eyes, green pupils, and an antenna on his head. He also has a slightly darker green turtle shell on his back and a short pointed tail. He resembles a turtle. His owner is Master Fu.

Master Fu and Marinette were going to a room and their kwamis were following them until Master Fu stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Hold on, you both stay here," he put his index finger out and said to the kwamis.

"Oh, Master, please!" They begged to go with them.

"No. Kwamis must never know the recipe that can modify their powers. Ever!"

"Modify their powers?" Marinette was confused.

"Imagine what would happen if one of you were captured by a villain just like Hawk Moth's kwami, Nooroo."

The 2 kwamis got scared and obeyed their master.

Marinette and Master Fu were now in the kitchen, where he stored lots of different ingredients.

"Master Fu, have you seen the news recently?" Marinette asked him.

"No, I have been trying to perfect this recipe for a whole week."

'So, he doesn't know about Mariposa?' She thought.

"Recipe?" She was about to get distracted. "Wait, Master, we need to talk about Chat Noir. He knows that I'm hiding something and doesn't like being left in the dark. He's been suspecting me for a while now and got very upset today about not knowing who Rena Rouge is. We have to tell him about you. Oh, and there's also this new-"

"Marinette, do you put the noodles in the water before the water boils?" Master Fu asked.

"Uh... No?"

"Exactly! That's because there's a right time for everything," he said and went back to working on his recipe.

"Um.. What are you cooking exactly?" She asked. He then explained to her about how certain mixes of ingredients can make kwamis grant special powers. He's been failing miserably at figuring out the last ingredient. When explaining to her, he tried a new ingredient and thought that this time it would work. However, it didn't, and it was time for Marinette to go watch a movie with her friends since she was late already.

You were already at the cinema. Though you were late because you overslept. You had a long day with your brother yesterday, visiting most of Paris' attractions. That's why you also missed the case of the panthers. You hoped that Ladybug and Chat Noir weren't mad at you. You were rather surprised when you found out that they asked another superhero for help. You didn't know there was another one, so you checked Alya's blog and saw that her name was Rena Rouge. That's when you started thinking about why Rena Rouge doesn't usually help them and why only at certain times. By what you've read and seen, she's also a recently new superhero. Something didn't add up, so you decided to ask them about it next time.