Think Before You Speak

✦𝐒𝐢𝐱✦

"Why do you think I don't like you? I've no reason not to. I barely know you, Chat Noir," you said, offended by what he just asked.

You watched him and he looked too stunned to say anything. You really don't know how he came to that conclusion, but you wanted to clear the misunderstanding right away.

"I don't dislike you, Chat Noir. I want to be your friend. Can we be friends? And if I don't like you then, I'll tell you okay?" You put out your hand.

"Okay, but you have to promise to tell me your true feelings when I ask," he stated and held your hand.

"Okay, deal," you shook his hand. You found this all ridiculous, but you agreed to it all.

"But, I don't see how you wouldn't like me anyways. Like you said, I am pretty awesome," he felt himself.

"Now where did all this confidence come from?" You raised your brow and had a slight smirk on your face. "If you keep that up, maybe I won't like you after all," you shrugged and he gasped.

"You will like me. You'll see!" He exclaimed.

● ● ●

"I'm just saying. What if someone we know is Hawk Moth?" You heard Alya say when you walked into the class.

"What? No way," Marinette shook her head in denial.

"But it could be someone you least expect!" Alya stated.

"But everyone we know are good people! Well, besides Chloe and Lila," Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Are you guys talking about Hawk Moth?" You stood by their table, very interested in their conversation.

"Yup! Wouldn't it be crazy if it was actually someone we know?" Alya queried.

"It could be possible," you said.

"No! Don't encourage her!" Marinette seemed frustrated.

You looked at her with a raised brow then back at Alya.

"Alya, I read your blog! I think it's great and very informative. You're a good reporter," you told her with a smile on your face.

"Thank you! I love writing about Ladybug and all the other heroes," she said, feeling proud of her blog.

"You even got to do an exclusive interview with Ladybug herself! Are you two close?" You asked.

"Well, no. But I would say we're good friends," she replied.

"Who wouldn't want to be Alya's friend?" Nino also joined the conversation.

"Oh, stop," Alya playfully rolled her eyes.

"Um, me!" Chloe answered him.

"You don't count. You don't like anyone!" Marinette told her.

"I- Hmph. I like Adrien!" Chloe retorted when she saw Adrien entering the class.

"Uh?" Adrien was clueless and looked at you all for help.

"Don't worry about it, dude," Nino told him as he sat next to Nino.

"H-Hi, Adrien!" Marinette said to him with a big, weird smile on her face.

"Hey, Marinette. Good morning!" He said to her and then looked at you. "Hey to you too, Y/N," he smiled. "And Alya of course," he didn't forget about her.

"Hey," both you and Alya said.

You went to your seat that's next to Nathaniel, since he's your friend now, and waited for class to start.