Free Food

✦𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧✦

"You're going to Adrien's?" Rose and Juleka asked you as you packed your bag. Classes have just ended for the day. Today was Friday, finally time for the weekend. Though you, Adrien and Marinette all agreed to meet up after school to work on the History assignment.

"Aww! We wanted to hang out with you at Juleka's today," Rose started sulking.

"Sorry, girls. Maybe next time?" You said, putting your bag on your back.

"Okay! Next week, we'll throw a slumber party. You better come. Promise?" Rose put her hands on her hips and raised her brow at you.

You smiled and giggled a bit at her little attitude. "Yeah, of course."

"Hey, Y/N, you ready to go?" Adrien asked when you made it down the stairs of the class.

"Uh-huh!" You nodded then looked to your right. "Wait, where's Marinette?" You realized that she wasn't by her seat.

"Oh, she told me that her parents need help at the bakery because of a big order. She said she'll come in the next hour or two," he explained.

"Ah. Okay," you nodded in understanding. "We can just start on our research then," you suggested.

"Meaning that you two will be alone together? No. I won't allow it!" Chloe cut in your conversation.

You both looked at Chloe in surprise.

"Then do you wanna help us with our assignment, Chloe? We won't reject the offer!" You beamed an innocent smile at her.

"Why I- You-" She kept stuttering with your words taking her aback. "Ugh, no! That's not my job. Just watch her, Adrien!" Chloe pointed at you. "I don't trust her!" She exclaimed, walking past his table and out the door.

You both watched as she disappeared from view.

"Wow, I'm hurt," you said sarcastically.

"Sorry. Chloe can be mean.. sometimes," Adrien said, rubbing his hand behind his neck.

"Sometimes?" You scoffed and he looked a bit unhappy. You could tell that he values Chloe as a friend. "It's okay, Adrien. Her being wary of me just means that she cares a lot about you. Come on, your bodyguard is probably waiting for us," you tilted your head to the door, indicating that you both should get going.

Like you said, his bodyguard was waiting for you both. He opened the door for you two and you both got in.

"Oo! I can't believe I'm going to your mansion. It must be so luxurious!" You shook a bit in your seat with excitement. "And your father, my idol. I hope I'll get to meet him! They say he doesn't leave his house, is that true?" You asked Adrien.

"Yeah, it's true. He rarely leaves his room either. I only see him sometimes for breakfast, lunch or dinner or when he's checking in on me," he shrugged.

You blinked your eyes in surprise. You weren't expecting him to say something like that. His eyes widened as well when he realized what he had just said. His face filled with slight panic when he looked at you and at his bodyguard in the front.

"Uh, wait- That doesn't mean that I don't talk to him or anything. Um-"

"Guess, he's a hard worker, huh?" You said to break the tension. "Being a designer and all."

He looked at you and calmed down a bit. His shoulders eased down and a small smile appeared on his face. "Yup. Busy working on new designs."

You gave him a smile too and then took out your phone. "Hey, have you seen this video? It's going viral!" You put your phone on and played the video you were talking about, then showed it to him. Just something to change the topic.