• Kenma Kozume | Tokyo is too far

"NO WHAT HOW DID HE NOT DIE???" I yelled as I saw my opponent get away with 1 hp. I sighed and went back to my base, leaning back in my chair to take a breath and then checked the discord server to see if Kenma was online.

Even though I would never admit it the quiet boy grew onto me. Ever since Hinata introduced me to him while we were playing videogames I couldn't help but think about him. We ended up talking every once in a while through discord and we would play sometimes.

One night we were chatting and I took a leap of faith, asking him to videochat.

Y/n: So uh Kenma would u like to videochat with me sometime? If you're not comfortable with doing so that's perfectly fine.
Kenma: Well uhm I have some self esteem issues but honestly I'd be okay with videochatting if it's you.. I'm very sorry if that sounds weird.

I just stood there, dumbfounded. If it's me he's okay with it? I was staring at the text, a smile forming on my lips.

Y/n: Not at all don't worry :)). So um when would you be free to call?
Kenma: I could in about 20 minutes if that's okay with you.
Y/n: Yeah sure text me when you want to talk and I'll call you.

A million butterflies found their way into my stomach at the thought of seeing him. We had only talked on videocall once or twice while I was at Hinata's place but I really enjoyed seeing him.

The 20 minutes passed and I got a notification from discord saying that Kenma was calling me. I had forgotten I arranged talking to him and started panicking about things I didn't even know but answered. "Hello!" I cheerfully greeted, a huge smile spread across my face. "Hello." I could hear a small smile on Kenma's face. "So uh how are you doing? I'm sorry I don't know how to make conversation but yeah-" I let out a small awkward laugh. "I'm fine. Do you want to turn on our cameras or?" He asked with his monotone voice.

Some may argue that his voice is annoying because it has no emotion but I absolutely love it. It's so soothing and I could listen to him talk for hours on end.

However I was a blushing mess but turned on my camera nonetheless and waved at the screen. He also popped onto my screen and my heart skipped a few beats. He smiled at me and also waved. I was once again baffled at his beauty but shook my head and tried to speak.

"So um how are you with the game you've been telling about?" I said breathily, trying to actually breathe. I was sweating and staring at him, he must've thought I was being so weird. "Are you okay?" He laughed a bit. The moment I saw him laughing the whole room lit up and it was only me and him in this whole world. I muttered a quiet 'fuck' under my breath then nodded and uttered him to rant about the game.

For about 4 hours we ended up talking about whatnot and I enjoyed every second of it. It took a while for me to get comfortable and not be a blushing mess but I managed to speak properly at one point. I saw him yawn repeatedly at 3 am. "Kenma you should go to bed." I also yawned. "No it's okay I want to talk to you more." He said and i noticed a small hint of regret and surprise in his expression after saying that. I chuckled a bit and then replied "I would also love to talk to you more but you need to get some rest." He sighed and then nodded. "Goodnight Y/n." he smiled at his screen and I also grinned, wishing him a good night as well.

I turned off my laptop and flopped on my bed, smiling like a fucking idiot, then slowly drifted off to sleep thinking about Kenma.

The next morning I woke up to a text from Kenma. It was a photo? I opened it and saw him at the edge of his bed, sending me a mirror selfie with something written at the top: My bedhead is horrible today.

Fuck I'm so in love with him...

Hi hello um i was dead for a while i know I'm sorry but high school's been really stressing me out lately and yeah. Also me and my boyfriend broke up quite a while ago that meaning a few months and I got over it pretty quickly so yeah. I have this online friend I'm quite fond of right now and this oneshot is based on things that happened with him. If u have any questions or requests u can leave them in the comments. Also I may do a part 2 of this where Y/n and Kenma end up getting together or sum idk you guys can suggest stuff in the comments.