· Daichi Sawamura | Train station

'Hey guys!' Y/n waved at everyone in his usual cheerful tone. He high fived Hinata and ran to Daichi. 'Captain!' He saluted. The brunette didn't expect the formality and flinched. He put on a wide grin and saluted as well. 'Nr 13!' Y/n returned the grin and then turned on his heels, running to the other members of the team.

Daichi's cheeks heat up and he felt a nudge in his ribs, jumping at the sudden contact. He looked to his side seeing the vice captain with a smug look on his face. 'WHAT? NO!' Sawamura blushed even more at the unspoken words of his teammate. Kōshi raised an eyebrow and the captain huffed. 'No. It's not like that.' He looked away crossing his arms. Sugawara hummed and then left the captain alone.

°°°

Y/n's POV

'What? Noo... I-' My mouth shut in an instant when my dad's voice boomed through the phone. 'You will come to Tokyo and give up that stupid volleyball you hear me??!' I flinched at his words but muttered a small yes. He hung up and squeezed my phone in my hand. I threw it in my bag and stormed out of the gym. 'Hey Y/n!' I heard a voice from behind me. I wiped away my tears and turned around, faking a smile. 'Hey Daichi!'

'Are you alright?' He asked and that caught me off guard, making my smile fade. 'You seemed really mad when you exited the gym.' He put a hand on my back. I looked away and stuffed my hands in my pockets. 'I'm leaving the team..' I mumbled. Daichi's steps stopped and I turned to look at him. His face showed confusion, rage, sadness and a little disappointment. 'I'm sorry! My dad doesn't want me to keep doing volleyball... he doesn't... think it's something I should occupy my time with...' My voice cracked and I couldn't bring myself to look at Sawamura.

'It's okay. I get it. We'll stay in touch! Let me take you to the train station.' He shot me a small smile. I nodded and started walking, looking down.

°°°

'The train will arrive in 5 minutes.' The speakers boomed. I sat down and Daichi took a seat next to me. 'It's been one hell of a year hasn't it?' He tried making conversation. I nodded, still not saying a word. I was debating whether I should do what I planned to or not. 'D-daichi... I...' his eyes met mine and I was blocked for a second. I cleared my throat and continued. 'We know each other for 3 years now and I loved the times we spent together...' I hesitated and then I heard the train in the distance. 'And... I just wanted to say that... I umm... I think I like you!' I scratched the back of my head, smiling at him. I opened my eyes to see him shocked and blushing, seconds later feeling his warm embrace. 'I like you too...' he said sadly. 'Oh come on! Don't be so gloomy. Tokyo isn't that far away. We can visit each other many times!' I patted his back, getting up. 'Me? You were the one who was affected!' He smiled and crossed his arms. 'Okay then. I have to go.' I glanced at the train that was stopping just now. 'I'm going to miss you, Captain. Stay safe!' I saluted and so did he. I smiled and then felt a pair of lips on my cheek. My cheeks heat up and I gave him a quick hug. 'Bye Daichi!' I said flustered.

'Goodbye Y/n...'

«next up: Kageyama Tobio»