Chapter Eighteen: Ali Gets Ripened

After that, Ali was now wrapped tightly around our gloved fingertips. She started spending more time with us, and she has been acting more relaxed. I noted dryly as Damien left, "He's something. I don't know what, but he's definitely something."

Ali replied dreamily, "I know. Isn't he wonderful? It's almost like I have fallen in love with him."

I turned towards Ali, surprised at what came out of her mouth. My spines raised a little bit in shock at her drowsy words. I hadn't had the chance to see Damien in her eyes yet. But I could feel her emotions, which were light, airy, and kind of delicious to taste through the telepathic link. I would drink in those emotions hungrily through my telepathic link, savoring every last bit of her craving to be one of us.

Ever since Sonic had her take the ripener nightly now, she had been more subdued and drowsy, which made her easier to convince. She had also been more relaxed and loose around Headmaster Sonic instead of uptight and jittery. I sighed hungrily as she started walking away, her now curving hips swaying slowly as she walked. I had a feeling that part of her change in behavior might have something to do with a deal that she had made with Sonic. She never specified what the deal entailed, but I could guess that it involved voluntarily giving Sonic her gamershood in exchange for college.

Ever since Ali was placed on the ripener, she had been easier to tap into and persuade. I spend nights listening in on the conversations Sonic had with her. I had observed her change under the influence of the ripener. We know that Ali wanted to run a baking business. We also knew of every fear, dream, nightmare, and even her passions. The more ripener that she inhales, the more information that we get out of her. Initially it was to gently pry the information on the Survivors out, but now we do it to make her crave the Mobian lifestyle.

Then I let my fangs out softly. I hissed, my voice now soft and hypnotic, "Soon... you will be ours, my darling little twin sister. We will have to have you join us for the next school year." I giggled, picturing Sonic keeping her still as he sank his fangs into her succulent throat. I grinned hungrily at the thought of her joining us as a Mobian student.

"Airalain! Are you paying attention to a word I was saying to you!?" I heard Sonic ask sort of loudly in my ear.

I jumped, startled. "Headmaster...! What was that?" I asked, not quite knowing how he had sneaked up on me.

Sonic sighed, and I turned to face him. He seemed irritated about explaining himself again. He replied, his spines raised as if he was challenging me to defy him somehow, "Soon, the whole school will be Mobians. And Alison's home planet will be placed into a reset of sorts. Humans destroy things, and it was high time someone cleaned up their planet. Things are heading into motion fast. We need to make sure that Ali is ready to be bitten before this summer's end." I shivered in ecstasy over his words.

He chuckled, then he said something that I never thought I'd get the opportunity to hear from his mouth. "How do you feel about helping me ripen her?" Sonic asked, wrapping his fingertips around my shoulder. I replied telepathically, in fear that a certain human is listening in (Charlie), Yes, I would love to. I want to see her in your grasp.

He purred, "Excellent, come down to my study tonight and I will tell you what you need to do, especially for this summer." The humans leave in the morning, which made tomorrow a moving day of sorts.

~~~~~

Night fell a lot sooner than what I was expecting, and I was filled with a hunger to see Ali beg to become one of us: a Mobian hedgehog. I entered his study just before Ali was supposed to come, and Sonic indicated for me to sit. He obviously wanted to talk to me about something important pertaining to Ali, so I decided to humor him and I sat down delicately on the teal, leather couch. He whispered excitedly to me, "I want you to help me hold her still when the time comes. I don't want your sister to try to wriggle away from me at the last minute. She is close to being ripened up to perfection."