you're the one meant for me (requested)

You used the spare key Olivia gave you to let yourself into her home. She wasn't answering your texts. But you knew that you weren't the only one she wasn't answering and you knew the reason why.

You closed her front door quietly behind you. You made it halfway up the stairs before you had to stop. The sound of her cries was enough to shatter your heart right then and there.

You sank your teeth into your lip and tried to hold back the tears you felt sting your eyes over knowing that your best friend was hurting so deeply.

You've been through so much together. She's been your best friend, your ride or die, for several years now. You grew up together. You've had each other's back through the good, the bad, and in the in-between.

Despite being desperately in love with her, you let her date this boy who ultimately broke her heart. Because even though you're in love with her, you don't have the courage to confess. You feared she'd never feel the same.

So if she wanted to give love a try with someone, you weren't gonna hold her back. She deserved that. She deserves the world.

That's all she's ever deserved in her eighteen years of life.

You just want to see her happy.

But now, you regret not speaking up. Because he broke up with her this morning and she's crushed. You found out pretty quickly, as did the rest of the world, and it was tough.

But as always, you're here to help her through it. You'll happily push your feelings aside for her yet again to let her lean on you; as she needs.

You walked up the stairs the rest of the way and reached her bedroom. She sat on the edge of her bed, crying her eyes out as she hugged one of her pillows to her chest.

"Liv?" You spoke softly and at the sound of your voice, she pulled her face from the pillow and looked at you.

If it was even possible, your heart broke even more over her puffy, tear-stained cheek. More tears continued to fall, like a river, an endless stream of her tears of sadness.

"Y/N..." She sniffled and you walked to her, letting her throw her arms around you as you sat beside her on the bed.

You started to rub your back and held back your tears that threatened to fall over seeing her so devastated.

She clung to you and buried her face in your shirt.

"I should've known. I should've seen it coming. I should've known I wasn't enough for him."

"Don't say that." You said as you pulled back from her and cupped her chin in the palm of your hand.

"Olivia, you're the most amazing girl that I know. You're so funny, so charismatic, so sweet, so selfless. You're the most beautiful girl, inside and out. It's his loss. Trust me, if there's one of you in that relationship that was undeserving of the other, it was him. Not you."

She cracked a smile and chuckled tearfully. Her eyes gazed into yours. Although her soft brown eyes were teary, they still sparkled a little; just a tiny glimpse of the happiness you bring her.

"I know it hurts. But, someday, you're gonna find someone who makes you happy. Who treats you like a princess, like you deserve."

"Really?"

"Really." You nodded and watched her sigh.

You sat in a moment of comfortable silence. As you do every time you're near her, you wanted so badly to confess your love for her. But you felt like now wasn't the time. So you tried to hold it back and focus on helping her heal first.

"Part of me wonders if I've met that someone already." She said and you turned to look back at her to find her staring at you already. "I mean, there's this person I've been crushing on for so long. But I never said anything because I was afraid. I wondered if they'd ever like me back."

"They'd be crazy if they didn't." You said and she nodded quickly.

"All of this has made me realize how wonderful this person is. I wanted to fall in love... but it's not with Josh and it's never going to be with him. I realize now that there's only one person for me."

"Whoever they are, they're quite lucky."

"It's you!" She laughed and shoved your shoulder.

You furrowed your eyebrows. You almost wanted to pinch yourself. Were you dreaming? You've had this very same dream before. Moments like these of her saying that she loves you as much as you love her. It never comes true...

Or, it hasn't, until now.

"Liv, you're just saying that because you're heartbroken." You said, trying not to get your hopes up as you stared at her. Into those eyes that you wish you could stare into forever.

"I'm not." She said. "I mean, I was, at first. But the more I sat here and thought about it, the more I realized that I didn't like him as much as I do you. I knew I was gonna lose him eventually."

She squeezed your hand, pouring out her entire heart to you.

"But you... y/n, you're always here for me. I only realized it, even more, when you rushed over here to check on me. You put whatever was happening in your life today aside to come and help me and I adore you for that. You're all I want. You're the one meant for me and I know that now."

You were speechless. It felt so surreal.

"D-Do you not feel the same?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"Of course I do. How could I not? You're everything I've ever wanted."

She smiled brighter than you've ever seen her smile before as she took your hand into hers.

"I just worry that you might not be ready for this. After  what happened with-"

She cut you off by pushing her lips onto yours for a sweet kiss.

"Don't finish that thought." She whispered against your lips. "Y/N, I was more worried about you not feeling the same as I feel about you. He's in the past. I'm over him. I only care about you."

You smiled to herself and instead of answering her, you pressed your lips to hers.

"I love the way you make me feel. I've never felt this way for anyone else."

"Me neither." You said as she pecked your lips.

"I feel so much better now." She said as she pulled away, causing you to laugh against her lips, therefore making her heart melt. "Everything feels right now."

She laid down and pulled you into her arms to hold onto you tight.

She wasn't afraid of getting hurt again. She knew, with you, she was safe to keep falling in love without a worry or care in the world. She knew you were the one she was meant to be with all along.

It just took her until now to confess. It took her until today to see who her heart really beats for, to see who melts her heart, who makes her feel butterflies and happier than she does with anyone else.

She truly didn't care about anything else in the world. Her heart was already healed, already beating happily once more.

Because she's got you and that's all she really needs.