you're sick

The feeling of Olivia's fingertips brushing along your arm caused you to wake from your slumber.

You opened your eyes to find her staring back at you. Her eyes sparkled slightly when your eyes met hers, but they quickly filled with worry when she placed the back of her hand on your forehead and felt that you were running a fever again.

You moved just slightly but it was enough for the ache in your stomach to hit again. You couldn't help the groan that slipped from your lips.

"I made you some soup. Think you're up for eating?"

"Maybe a few bites." You said as you yawned, feeling the fatigue return.

Being sick with the flu isn't fun. You've been sick with it for about two days and you're sure you've never been more miserable than you feel now.

You've thrown up, your stomach aches, and you're so tired that you sleep most of the day.

You're thankful you've got Olivia by your side. Maybe you're a little dramatic, but you feel like you wouldn't make it through this without her there with you.

She's been taking care of you, waiting on you hand and foot to get you whatever it is you might need.

"Can you sit up?" She asked, her voice soft as she caressed your warm cheek.

With her help, you sat up against the headboard. She quickly placed a couple of her pillows under you to make you feel more comfortable.

She scooted as close as she could to you before reaching for the bowl of soup. She brought the spoon up to your lips and began to feed you, smiling when she watched you swallow it down.

She hoped it'd stay down. Nothing seems to sit well on your stomach. But quite a few hours have gone by since you've eaten last and she hoped you'd be able to keep this down, at least.

She continued to bring spoonfuls of the soup to your lips. She made you have a little of the broth.

Because you've been throwing up, your throat is quite sore and she knew that would help, which, judging by the sigh that fell from your lips every time the warm broth touched your throat, it seemed like she was right.

"How's your stomach feeling?" She asked.

"It's okay. A little sore but I don't feel like I'm going to be sick."

"Good." She said and gave you a sweet kiss on your forehead before she continued to feed you.

But it was just a few spoonfuls later that you were pushing the bowl back a little, wordlessly telling her that you were done.

She put the bowl on the table and focused her attention on you. You started to shiver as the chills returned and she quickly helped you lay back down.

She pulled the sheets up to your shoulders and watched as you began to warm up.

"Better?"

You nodded tiredly.

Suddenly, the sound of her alarm on her phone was going off.

"Time for your medicine."

You groaned at the thought, wrinkling your nose as you watched her pour the liquid in the cap.

"No. I'm not taking it again. I'm going back to sleep." You grumbled and turned away, only for Olivia to giggle and walk to your side of the bed.

She was standing right there when you peeked one of your eyes open.

"Look at it this way. You take the medicine then no more for a few more hours. I'll cuddle you."

"You promise?"

"I promise." She said with a small smile, booping your nose playfully.

You groaned but took the cap from her hands, swallowing it down as you squeezed your eyes shut. Olivia giggled over the look of disgust on your face.

"It's not that bad, cutie."

"It's awful."

"Well, as awful as it may be, with this medicine you'll be feeling better soon."

"Yeah, yeah," you grumbled and patted her side of the bed. "You promised."

She giggled and laid down beside you, as close as she possibly could. She knows your stomach is weak and sore and she didn't want to make you feel worse again by pulling you into her arms.

So she laid right there beside you on her side and played with your hair. It helps you to relax, especially in times like these.

You groaned a little and she froze.

"Feel sick again?"

"A little." You mumbled and closed your eyes. "I think if I sleep I'll feel better."

She nodded, hoping that would be the case and you wouldn't get sick again. Because every time you throw up, it breaks her heart to see you like that.

"Go to sleep. I'm right here if you need something."

You nodded weakly and moved your head to rest on her shoulder. She stroked your forehead and your cheeks as you drifted off to sleep, leaving tiny and soft kisses on your temple as you fell asleep.

"I love you. Sleep well. Hopefully you feel better soon." She said and laid her head down on her pillow.

She watched you closely and continued to softly stroke your cheek, knowing it brings you comfort.

For you, if it means helping you feel better, she'd stay awake all night to do it.

She just wanted you to feel better.