morning kisses

"C'mon sleepyhead. It's time to get up." Olivia whispered in your ear as she hovered over you, reaching over to turn the alarm off as it blared on the table beside you. "Y/N?" She spoke softly and then pressed kisses to the corners of your lips.

No matter how much you wanted to pretend you were still asleep, it was impossible. You couldn't fight the smile tugging at your lips as she kissed both of your cheeks and, unintentionally, tickled your sides. You giggled beneath her and she grinned.

"Are you finally awake?" She teased.

"No. I'm still sleeping." You mumbled and squeezed your eyes shut to pretend like you were still asleep, but she just laughed and kissed across your face, knowing she'd make you squirm and turn into a giggly mess.

"Nice try. C'mon, cutie. It's my day off," she paused and trailed her lips along your jaw, soft and sweet kisses being pressed along every inch. "And I promised you breakfast at your favorite spot to start the day off."

You opened your eyes and found her staring back at you. Her eyes sparkled as she gazed at you.

"There they are." She whispered and brushed her thumbs under your eyes. "Those pretty eyes I love so much."

She kissed under your eyes and then the tip of your nose before she kissed your lips.

"Good morning."

You just sighed blissfully and closed your eyes, wanting to bask in the comfort and security of your bed. It's so warm and cozy, especially when you've got Liv there by your side when you wake up. Most mornings, she's out the door before your eyes open. So, on rare occasions like this, you cherish something as simple as her body so close to yours to keep you so warm and the smile on her face; her smile is so bright, so beautiful, and you're always happy to open your eyes and let it be the first thing you see.

"Are you falling back asleep?" She teased and tickled your sides again, this time on purpose as she began to give you kisses everywhere; from your face to your jaw, and to your neck and collarbones.

"No. I'm awake," you paused and opened your eyes, swearing she gets even more beautiful every time you look at her. "And I'm happy to be able to spend the day with you."

"Me too! I've got so many ideas of how we can spend it!"

"I'm up for anything as long as I get to be by your side."

She grinned down at you with stars in her eyes before she gave you one more kiss on your lips and then a few more soft and loving kisses on your neck. Butterflies filled your chest and your heart swelled, filling with love for your beautiful girl.

"Okay. C'mon. I'm too hungry and too excited to be with you all day today to stay in bed any longer!"

She tried to get up, but you put your arms around her and pulled her back down. She gently fell onto the bed beside you and laughed as you rolled over, hovering over her with a sweet smile.

"In a minute. This is the first morning I've woken up with you still by my side in a long time. I want to cherish a few more minutes first."

She nodded and put her arms around you to keep you close as you kissed her.

You just wanted to spend a little more time to bask in the love you share for each other and the happiness you feel to finally get some time with your favorite girl. You knew it was going to be a great day; because every day you get to be with her is a great day.