sunsets (requested)

"It's so pretty." You whispered in awe, staring up at the sky with Olivia as you watched the sunset together.

The view was impeccable. The different colors of the sky took your breath away and it was even more special since you're sharing these romantic moments with Olivia.

Her hand was wrapped in yours, her thumb brushing along your skin ever so softly. She looked up at the sky with you, but she struggled to take her eyes off of you more than that sunset you're so fascinated by.

The look of amazement and wonder in your eyes warmed her heart. You looked so happy, so content, and that brought her immense joy. She couldn't look away, every glimpse she caught of that sparkle in your eyes and the smile that tugged at your lips just made her happier.

"Aren't we supposed to be watching the sunset together?" You asked and looked over at her. "You're more focused on me than the sky."

"That's because you're just that pretty, baby." She smiled and then kissed your cheek. "In all seriousness, though, it's really nice to see you so happy and carefree. I know life is crazy busy sometimes, so I enjoy moments like these with you; when we can just live in moments like these and I get to hold you close and see you this happy. It's all I ever want; to see you this happy."

"Oh, Liv," you giggled and pecked her lips lovingly.

She's so sweet that it melts your heart.

"I've missed you." You spoke softly and moved a little closer so you could put your head on her shoulder. "I'm having such a great time."

"Same here, and I missed you too, baby." She said before kissing your head lingeringly.

She began to play with your hair as you both went quiet. It was so peaceful there with her; as the crickets chirped and the wind caused the branches on the trees to sway just slightly as you stared up at the orange sky, feeling a lot of gratitude and endless love for the girl that was holding you in her arms.

It felt so perfect. You never wanted it to end.

You soon began to talk about anything and everything, fingers intertwined as you made plans for tomorrow, when you both have the day off to spend together. 

The sun quickly set and the sky filled with stars. 

Even as time passed, you didn't move from her arms, finding that every moment with her filled your heart with happiness and love.

"Liv?"

"Yeah, sweet girl?" She whispered softly, staring at you with an adoring gaze as she kissed your head again and let her fingertips brush along your arms.

"Can we do this again soon?"

"Absolutely." She said with a smile. "Anytime you want."

"Do we have to go in yet?" You wondered and looked up at her.

She knew it was getting late. But she could only shake her head because she was too happy and too content to even think about this time with you ending and going inside.

"No. Let's stay right here, for as long as your sweet heart desires." She whispered and kissed your shoulder, continuing the soft brush of her fingertips on your arms as she wished that these moments would ever end, that you'd only share more of them together for a lifetime to come.