all I want is you (requested)

Olivia sighed and closed the black velvet box in her hand once more.

Just upstairs, you're getting dressed for your romantic dinner date that Olivia has all planned out.

She's been anticipating this day and keeps repeating the speech her friends helped her plan out over and over again in her head. But she keeps forgetting parts of it, mostly because she's just so nervous.

Tonight will be the second time she's tried to get down on one knee for you. She's had no other choice but to ask her friends for help, but everything keeps falling through and every idea she's continued to brainstorm has left her with disappointment because she's absolutely hated it.

But tonight, she hopes that will change.

She's got it all planned out. Dinner at the restaurant you love, where she'd buy desert and spell out the four words over the plate with some sort of food. It was a cute, simple way, and she knew you'd love it.

She heard your feet on the stairs and lifted her head instantly. She smiled brightly when she saw your face, swearing that you only get more and more beautiful every time she looks at you; which is quite often, honestly.

"Happy anniversary, Liv!" You grinned as she reached out for your hand and stepped closer to you, holding it up to her lips to kiss across your knuckles softly.

"Happy anniversary, beautiful. Are you ready to go?"

You nodded and walked out the front door with her, hand in hand until she began to drive off to the restaurant.

You noticed her hand was shaking on the wheel. You reached over and placed your hand on her thigh, hoping to comfort her.

"Are you okay?"

She chuckled nervously and you could see by the look in her eyes that she was far from okay.

"Yeah, totally fine, baby."

You didn't believe her, but you dropped it and stared out the window and watched the scenery as you passed by.

But everything was far from being totally fine. Things were going wrong yet again and she feared that this was some sort of heartbreaking sign from the universe that maybe, just maybe, now wasn't the time.

Because it looked like yet another plan was going to fall through.

To her dismay, the restaurant was closed. She groaned and dropped her forehead onto the steering wheel with a groan, wondering why everything was going wrong.

"Liv? Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She mumbled. "Just need a little fresh air."

She got out of the car and began to busy her brain with other ways she could ask you the question that she couldn't wait another day to ask you. She was determined to go through with it tonight.

You slammed the car door shut and made your way to her, placing your hand on her shoulder to try to coax her into telling you what was wrong. She was obviously frustrated. Her mind was clearly busy. You worried that something was wrong.

"Olivia? Are you okay?"

She just lifted her head and stared at you with sad eyes. Everything keeps falling through and she can't seem to think of a way to make this night romantic enough to ask you what she so desperately wants to.

"We can always go somewhere else. It's just a restaurant." You said with a smile, hoping it'd ease her mind. "Look, Liv, I know you're trying to make our second anniversary really romantic but I don't need anything but you. Not just tonight, but any night. We could go home and change into our sweats and eat pizza and I'd love our way of celebrating it just as much. Because it's you I'm with and you that I love and I don't need anything else in this world."

She stayed silent, her eyes becoming brighter and brighter with every word you said.

"Because I love you. I don't need anything fancy. I only want you. That's all I ever want."

"You're sure?" She wondered and when you nodded your head, it all fell into place for her.

She realized then that she didn't have to go through all of this worrying or to go to this extent of tressing to find somewhere perfect for this moment to take place because the only thing you needed for it to be perfect was her.

"It wasn't just an ordinary dinner I had planned, y/n." She sighed sadly and felt you squeeze her hand in reassurance, causing her heart to flutter.

"You see, I've been planning this night out for the last few days. I originally had this plan to do this when we were strolling down the beach the other night at sunset. But I ended up hating the idea the more I thought about it and I chickened out. So I turned to my friends for help and they suggested maybe taking a hike and doing this under the stars or bringing you here, ordering desert only to have this question spelled out on a plate. But..."

She paused and stared into your eyes and by the look in them, she knew you were starting to catch on. With tears in your eyes and your hand shaking just as much as hers was while she gripped it tightly, not out of nerves anymore, but from excitement as it hit you what was coming.

"You said you don't need anything fancy. You only want me. And that's all I ever want, y/n. I only ever want you, my love. I want to be with you for the rest of my life because you make everything so much brighter and I swear, I only fall even more in love with you every single day. That's how I want to spend forever; falling in love with you, even more, every day, as long as we live. So, screw the plans," she mumbled and squeezed your hand as she bent down.

You watched her pull the ring out from her pocket and you gasped as she got down on one knee.

The moon was shining bright, hanging low in the sky. You were in an empty parking lot with cars only occasionally driving by. It was quiet, the only noises being the crickets chirping and the sounds of your voices when you spoke.

It wasn't as romantic as she planned, but the romance was still in the air. It was still perfect. It was still special.

And it was spontaneous. It was her promise of forever by your side and it was perfect.

You didn't need the fancy gestures. You didn't need the stars or a fancy dinner or a sunset walk on the beach.

You only ever need her.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes," you grinned through your tears, bending down so you could hug her as she brought you into her arms for a big squeeze.

"I love you so much." She whispered and kissed your head. "I'm sorry it wasn't quite as romantic,"

"It's perfect." You whispered softly, eyes locked with hers. "It's you asking me. You could propose in our bed or in the garage or on the side of the road and I'd still say yes."

She giggled and pulled you in for a kiss before pulling back to slip the ring on your finger.

"It's beautiful."

"So are you." She smiled, stroking your cheek. "Happy anniversary, baby. Here's to many, many more."