sick in the middle of the night (requested)

You swallowed thickly and tried to take some deep breaths in hopes that the intense nausea you felt would start to go away.

Your stomach ached so badly you could hardly move and beads of sweat rolled down your skin from the obvious fever you were coming down with.

Olivia is sleeping beside you and you're trying your very best to keep from waking her. She's been so busy and needed a night to catch up on sleep.

You haven't woken her yet, nor did you tell her before you came up to bed just a little while ago that you were feeling sick.

You thought it was nothing and you'd feel better after a good night's sleep.

But you're doubtful you'll be sleeping anytime soon because you're only feeling worse with every moment spent curled up in bed. As much as you dread the thought, you know it's not going to be long before you get sick.

The last thing you wanted was to wake up Olivia, so you decided to go into the bathroom now and wait until you get sick.

But getting out of bed was so much easier said than done. Your body ached terribly and moving only made you feel so much worse. You winced here and there as you did your very best to get out of bed as fast as you possibly could.

But you weren't careful enough. Because just as you reached the edge of the bed and got ready to stand up on your weak and shaky legs, you heard Olivia's voice.

"Y/N? Where are you going?" She asked tiredly and brushed the sleep from her eyes.

You didn't answer vocally, simply whimpered and tried to stand up. Olivia worriedly turned on the lamp, but she wasn't prepared to see you looking so miserable.

She saw you clutching your stomach and noticed the sweat on your skin.

"Oh, baby. Are you sick?" She asked as she pushed the blanket away and got out of bed to walk to you.

Her hand instantly fell to your forehead. You most definitely had a fever and a high one at that.

"I feel really awful, Liv. Everything hurts and I feel really nauseous."

She nodded slowly and tried to hide her worry and sadness she felt from seeing this way.

"Let's get you to the bathroom." She said and wrapped her fingers around yours before she tried to help you stand.

But in that very moment, you couldn't take anymore. Your mouth was watering and your stomach flipped, giving you no choice but to throw up right then and there, on the floor.

You felt humiliated and your eyes swam with tears, both from the embarrassment you felt and from your misery.

"I'm sorry," you whimpered, to which Olivia shook her head and placed her hand on your shoulder in comfort.

"It's okay." She soothed, brushing her fingers along your skin soothingly. "It happens, y/n. It isn't your fault, so don't be sorry. I'll help you get cleaned up. Okay?"

She sent you a sad smile and brushed her thumbs under your eyes to catch any tears you shed. You nodded and managed to stand up, although you had to lean against her and move with her help since you felt so weak.

She instantly turned on the water in the bathtub and helped you out of your clothes before helping you into the water.

"I'll be back in a second." She whispered and pressed a kiss to your head before she left the room.

She grabbed you some clean clothes and changed the sheets, as well as cleaned the floor before she returned to your side.

She smiled to herself when she saw you leaning against the tub with your eyes closed. You looked a little more relaxed and a lot less miserable, which brought her relief.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she knelt on the floor, brushing a lock of damp hair behind your ear.

"Yeah. But I'll feel better if you get in with me."

She quickly took off her clothes sat behind you in the water. You leaned back against her and began to relax even more.

"I don't feel sick anymore and my stomach is feeling better."

"That's so good to hear, baby." She whispered and ran her hand along your back, watching as a few beads of water ran down your spine.

She helped you wash up by washing your hair for you and then using a cloth to clean your body with.

She let you lean against her wordlessly, simply holding onto each other as you rested your eyes and began to feel better.

"The water is getting a little cold. Are you ready to get out?"

You nodded and watched her get out first. She wrapped a towel around her body before she helped you out and then used a towel to dry you off.

She was gentle and careful, taking her time to dry you off while making sure she didn't make you feel worse again.

You leaned against her once she was dressed. Your eyes felt heavy, slipping shut as she pulled your shirt over your head.

"Come on sleepyhead. Let's go to bed."

You leaned on her as she helped you back into bed and instead of covering you with the thick blanket, she grabbed a sheet from the closet and covered you with that instead.

As soon as your head hit the pillow, you were out like a light. You felt too exhausted to even try to keep your eyes open.

Olivia chuckled and laid down beside you. She looked at the clock and saw that it was nearing two in the morning. You both have plenty of time to rest, especially since she'd be taking the day off tomorrow to care for you.

She placed her hand back on your forehead and much to your relief, you felt much cooler than you did earlier.

She kissed your temple and stroked your cheek softly before turning the lamp off.

"Sleep tight, baby girl. Feel better soon." She whispered and kissed your cheek before she closed her eyes and laid close to you, hoping when you both woke up in the morning that you'd be feeling a little better.