your friends accidentally tell her that you're pregnant (requested)

The sound of your phone beeping startled you and made you snap out of your thoughts.

You turned off the timer on your phone and stood up from the edge of the bathtub before making your way over to the counter where two pregnancy tests were set.

You and Olivia have been trying for a baby for a long time now and it seems as though you'd never be able to have the family that the two of you have dreamt of.

You're tired of taking pregnancy test after pregnancy test only to get the same result - negative.

However, you recently tried IVF again and it was about time to take the test.

So as much as you dreaded seeing the results because you feared you'd just be let down again, you had no choice.

So you took a deep breath before looking at the tests and your eyes went wide when you saw the result.

It was positive.

They were both positive.

You let out a gasp of shock and covered your mouth as tears filled your eyes.

It was finally happening.

You and Olivia were finally going to be parents!

You were freaking out as you paced around the bathroom as it sank in.

You're actually pregnant.

At last.

Now, the next order of business - how were you going to tell Olivia?

You didn't know how to surprise her with the news so you went to your friends, asking them for advice.

They suggested things like ordering cupcakes and getting it written on the frosting.

Or perhaps ordering a shirt that said something along the lines of 'the newest Rodrigo family member coming soon'.

They even suggested just giving her the test and letting her see the positive results with her own eyes, saying that'd be a good surprise right there.

Their suggestions gave you a lot to think about and even the next day, you were still unsure of how to tell her, though you were considering option three.

However, you didn't know for certain, so your pregnancy was still unknown to Olivia even the following day.

Meeting your friends for dinner at a fancy restaurant in town, you felt a little nauseous, which worried Olivia.

"Are you okay, darling?" She asked as you sat down at the table together, waiting for your friends to arrive. "You look like you're feeling sick."

"I'm alright." You said as you took a few deep breaths.

Olivia rubbed your back soothingly as your friends showed up and sat down at the table.

"Y/N, Olivia! So good to see you both!"

"Nice to see you too." Olivia smiled as she continued to rub your back.

"Is she okay?" One of your friends asked.

"Just a little nauseous." You said.

"Oh, yeah, that happens." One of your other friends said.

"So..." Another friend spoke up as she looked between you and Olivia. "How are you feeling about it, Olivia?"

"About what?" Olivia asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, did you decide on how you'd tell her? What did you end up doing?" Your friend asked.

"Well, actually-" You started to say, only to get interrupted.

"What's going on? What do you have to tell me?" Olivia asked you, totally confused.

"About her being pregnant."

"What!?" Olivia asked in shock. "Pregnant?"

"Oh, she didn't know?" Your friend asked.

"Nope. Didn't tell her yet." You said, forcing a smile.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"You're pregnant?" Olivia asked as you took her hand.

"Yeah. It worked this time, Liv. I'm pregnant."

Olivia was in shock as she stared at you but soon, her eyes filled with tears and she broke into the biggest grin.

"I can't believe it. You're pregnant!"

She got out of her chair and lifted you out of yours to spin you around.

She didn't care who overheard or who saw the two of you.

She was too happy to care.

"We're having a baby!"

"Congrats!" Your friends said in unison.

"This is so exciting! Oh, my gosh. We're going to be parents. Finally!"

"I know. I'm so excited." You grinned.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise. But that's ruined now, thanks to someone." You said, eyeing your one friend.

"Sorry." She spoke.

"It's okay, it's okay. Everything's perfect, baby. Because we're going to be parents and that's all that matters!"

You squealed in excitement as you threw your arms around Olivia.

She gently set you back down as she put her hand on your stomach and brushed her fingers across your skin.

"Hello in there. It's your mom. I can't wait to meet you." She said, kissing your stomach softly.

You smiled at her adoringly, already so excited about the journey ahead and more than ready to embark on it with Olivia right there by your side.