Confusion

Norman returned an hour later with a small woman with brown hair and thick-rimmed glasses. The woman grabbed a chair and sat beside Derek who was scared. "Derek, this is Patricia", Norman said, sitting down himself and looking at Derek who limply shook Patricia's hand. "Are you still happy to continue with the interview?", Norman asked, his finger hovering over the recording button of the tape recorder. Derek nodded, "I need to get this out", he said. Norman pressed the button and the interview began. "The time is 1:27 p.m.", Norman began, "So, Derek, what did you want to tell me?". Derek took a deep breath and started talking, "I believe I killed the 8 women that have been reported on the news". Norman took notes while Patricia just looked at Derek. "This morning, I woke up in a house", Derek began, "I didn't recognize the house and I woke up on the floor. I turned to my right and I saw a dead woman with a knife in her chest and me with blood all over my hands. I don't remember of it". "No recollection at all?", Norman asked. Derek nodded, "I've been thinking and I may have come up with a theory. I think the reason I don't remember anything is I've been murdering people in my sleep". This detail threw Norman off. A sleepwalking murderer? How crazy was this?