Ten

01x01

"Guys, guys, bogie, two o'clock." Kie got their attention. They all looked back and saw a boat coming towards them.

"Do you recognize that boat?" Pope asked.

"I've never seen it." Avery furrowed her brows. 

"What are they doing here? The marsh is closed." Kie told them.

"We're here." Avery pointed out.

"Let's not stick around and find out." JJ said.

"JJ, get the bowline." John B told the blonde.

"Yeah."

"Should we wait on 'em?" Pope asked.

"No, we're not." John B said. "Go get the stern. Go!"

The boat grew closer to them as JJ tried to pull the bowline up from the water. 

"Guys, don't wait for me. Go." JJ told them.

"Let's go." Kie urged. He pulled the stern out of the water and set it on the boat.

"I don't like this." John B commented.

"Are they coming for us?" JJ asked.

"Maybe they're fishing." Pope suggested.

"Go, go, go, go, go." JJ urged John B as the men driving the boat sped up and started coming towards them faster.

"Hey guys, they're following us." Avery announced. JJ pulled her away from the back of the boat and over to the front.

"This can't be good." Pope said.

"Dude, you gotta go faster." JJ told John B.

"I'm going!"

"Gun it!"

They were going faster as they looked back at the boat that was very obviously following them. Suddenly a gunshot goes off making all of them jump and get down.

JJ almost instinctively put his body over Avery's when he pulled her down.

"Holy shit!" she cursed. "John B get down!"

John B squatted down a little but he had to keep driving the boat so he couldn't get down all the way like the others.

Another gunshot went off and JJ pulled Avery impossibly closer to him. If anything were to happen to them, he had to know that she's safe. He had to make sure she's okay and he'd take a bullet for her any day without a second thought.

"Oh my god we're gonna die." Pope said. Avery looked around and her eyes stopped on the fish netting.

"Shit, Pope move." she stood up and stepped over him. JJ reached out and tried to pull her back down.

"Avery!" he went to stand up when another gunshot went off.

"Get down AJ!" John B shouted over the sound of water and engines. 

Avery ignored how fast her heart was beating and walked to the back of the boat then tossed the fish netting into the water. The guys in the other boat drove straight into it making it get caught in their engine and stop their boat.

The Pogues all stood up and looked back. They turned one way, out of sight from the other guys. 

Avery panted as she looked back at her friends. "First off, that was awesome. Second, kill me, I'm tired." she fell down onto the seat as JJ approached her.

"Are you okay?" he put his hands on her arms.

"I'm fine, J." 

"Are you crazy!?" he whisper shouted.