Fifteen

"You boys get these groceries over to Figure Eight." Heyward told JJ, Pope, and Avery while they stood on the boat and he handed them the groceries. "Get straight back here when you're done. No fishin'."

"You know I thought my boobs and long hair was enough to make me a woman but I guess not." Avery said as she held her hands out. Bailey giggled and set down a bag that Heyward had handed her.

He gave her a pointed look to which she gave him a sweet smile.

"I mean, anything for you Pops." she said. They got the rest of the groceries on the boat and then Pope began driving them to the Figure Eight houses.

"You don't have to help us." Pope told her when they got to the dock.

"I've got nothing better to do." she shrugged. "Plus, we're a package deal." she motioned between herself Bailey and JJ. "Haven't you learned that already?"

"Yes, more than once." he remarked.

She pushed his shoulder and picked up some of the groceries. "I'll go with you Pope. JJ can take Bailey."

"Yay!" Bailey jumped and grabbed JJ's hand. He smiled down at her and put a hand on her head.

"You sure you don't wanna come with us?" he asked her.

"Yeah. Don't need Pope going anywhere alone especially with wild Kooks running around." she said. "Just keep Bailey safe."

"Always do." he tapped her hip and got off the boat. Avery helped Bailey down.

"You stay with JJ okay?" she told her sister. "Don't leave his side no matter what."

"Okay." Bailey nodded and picked up a bag of chips before skipping off, holding JJ's hand.

"They're like two peas in a pod." Pope said as the two began walking through the sand trails up to the huge houses.

"Yup. Sometimes that's a good thing." she laughed. "Other times it's bad because she's turning into a mini him."

"You just wish she was a mini you." he smirked.

"Shut up." she hit his arm. As they were walking they were soon cut off by none other than Rafe Cameron.

"Hey, what's up man?" he called to them. "Hey, how much for one of those beers?"

"They're not for sale." Pope told him. Avery tried to pull him past the Kook but the persistent boy didn't let them go.

"Oh, wait, wait, wait. You can just give us one, then, right?"

"He said they're not for sale." Avery glared at him.

"Wait a minute, you're not listening to me. You've got so many, bro, and we've got nothing." Rafe said.

"Nothing man." Topper added.

"They're not mine." Pope told them. "They're already paid for."

"Already paid for? You probably stole them right?" Rafe then used his gold club to rip one of the bags in Avery's hands.

"What the hell?" she looked at him angrily.

"You owe me for that!" Pope pointed his finger at Rafe but the bag in his hand was smacked feet away from them.

"Dude, I don't owe you shit, Pogue." Rafe walked towards him but Pope pushed him back.

"Pope." Avery warned.

"Buy your own shit!" Pope snapped.

"Hey come on man, we just want one of these beers." Topped tried grabbing the box of beers and ultimately tossed Pope to the ground.