Thirty-Two

02x04

02x04

Homecoming

"You think that was too much?" Pope asked after he raised and dropped the metal lever on the door, knocking twice.

"It echoed the entire house. That's for sure." JJ muttered. Avery looked around from the porch they were stood on and gripped the back of JJ's shirt.

"So they definitely heard it." she said. JJ looked down at her and nodded.

"Maybe nobody's home." Kie suggested.

Pope began knocking again before someone opened the door, successfully cutting him off.

"You must be Pope." the man behind the door pointed at the boy.

"Um..." he glanced at JJ before speaking. "Are  you Mr. Limbrey?"

"Ms. Limbrey was expecting you yesterday." the man told them.

"Oh I'm sorry. My car broke down on the way up here." Pope reasoned.

"Carburetor blew up in the middle of Nowheresville." JJ said. "Sorry about that."

"Yeah, she was uh, real upset when you didn't show up." he told them.

"We got here as fast as we could." Kie said.

"She also expected you to come alone." the man before them looked at the three other Pogues.

"I mean, these are my friends. They helped find the Royal Merchant too. I--"

"The instructions were explicit. Your friends can stay outside." he informed them.

"We're kind of a package deal, man." JJ said.

"JJ, it's okay. I got this." Pope told him. "We'll be good."

"Yeah." Avery nodded.

Pope then looked at Kiara before going inside, "Keep the car running." he let go of her hand and walked inside the house.

The other pogues got in the car and waited for them to finish. That is until they saw their friend leaving the house with the man from before and a woman. They got the truck and tried to follow them.

"Look, where did they go?" Kie asked.

"What if they went underground?" JJ suggested.

"Don't be ridiculous." Avery said anxiously. JJ sighed and squeezed her thigh that his hand was resting on.

"Well in C.H.U.D, when they took people down into the sewers, it would turn the humans into humanoids 'cause of the radiation. And then all of a sudden-"

"Focus. That doesn't make any sense." Kiara cut him off before he could finish his theory.

"Right sorry. Did you see him?" he asked her.