Nineteen

01x06(Parcel 9)

"You guys know whose house this is right?" Kie asked as the five pogues walked through the bushes of the Crane House.

"Oh yeah, honestly I don't believe the stories of this place." John B said.

"What stories did you hear?" Avery asked Kie.

"The one where she killed her husband with an ax and that she's been hold up ever since." the brunette replied.

"Certain nights, people say they can see her in the window." Avery wiggled her fingers in front of JJ's face.

"No Avs, it's not funny because it's all true. I swear to god." he looked back at Pope and John b. "I knew Hollis, Jesus!" he brought his fists up when they saw a statue making Avery stifle a laugh.

"You knew Hollis Crane?" Pope asked.

"Yeah."

"Dude, how do you know Hollis Crane?"

"She was my babysitter man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth... about her mother and what happened in this house. So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and she was a murderer and all. Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night."

Avery rolled her eyes at JJ's ominous attempt to scare them all. He so dramatic.

"What night?" John B asked.

"It all came back to her." he said. "When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in the sink full of blood. Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up. But then, Hollis noticed something. Her mother going into the parlor constantly, in and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass, and Hollis decided to use the outhouse."

"And as she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her father's head, looking straight back at her."

"God you are so full of shit." John B told him.

"Dude, I swear to god man."

"Did she call the police?" Pope asked.

"She didn't have time..." as JJ said this John B started making his way towards the house. "Wait! Dude!"

"What?" he looked back at the blonde and Pope.

"You sure you wanna do this? She's an ax murderer. You got a cast on." JJ told him.

"I don't give a shit if she's an ax murderer, okay?"

Avery looked at John B like he was crazy. "Um, are we just supposed to agree with that statement or..."

"I got nothing to lose, right? You comin' or what?" he asked all four of them.

They crept through the bushes in hopes to stay hidden until John B stopped and turned to them.

"Here's the plan. We look for the wheat near the water like it said in Denmark's letter."

"Okay like, what kind of water? Like, pond water?" Pope asked.

"Bong water?" JJ and Avery asked in sync, looking at each other and laughing. Pope and Kie sent them looks basically saying 'no you idiots' before John B intervened.

"No it-- it just said look for water, okay?"

"That's the shittiest secret message ever." Kie said to him and started walking ahead of them.

"You wanna complain a little more, Kie? Nobody said it was gonna be easy." John B told her.

Pope looked at Avery and JJ. "I'll search the northeast quadrant, you search the northwest quadrant."