Twenty-Nine

02x01

"Just for the record, I never doubted them." JJ laughed as the four pogues walked out of the Wreck. Avery smiled and intertwined their fingers.

"I owe you five bucks." Kie said.

"Kiara, I need those setups done by five!" her mother shouted after them.

"There are other people that work here." Kie responded.

"Shh." Avery hushed her. She too worked at the Wreck part time only because they're the only people on the entire island that would hire her. Everyone else thought she wasn't 'emotionally stable'.

"None of 'em my children!" Anna yelled at her daughter.

"I feel that. On a deep emotional level, I understand that." Pope told Kie as they sat by some benches.

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asked, pulling Avery onto his lap.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope said.

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later." Kie spoke. "So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it like yesterday."

"I'll tell you how we do it."

"So you have it all planned out?" Pope asked JJ.

"As a matter of fact, I do. We kidnap Rafe." JJ stated.

"I'm sorry what?" Avery looked at her now technically fiancé/husband in disbelief.

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking."

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie said.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony." Pope told him.

"All right, well, what do you got, Pope?" JJ asked. "I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done."

"Guys, all we need is a material witness." Pope informed them. "We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered. We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record."

"How do we do that?" Avery asked with a sigh. All she knew was that she'd do everything in her power to get Bailey back. No matter what challenges they crossed, she needed her, safe with herself and JJ.

"A little light espionage." Pope said.

"A little ghost recon." JJ added, flipping his hat onto Avery's head.

"Woogity-woogity." she laughed.

"Woogity baby." JJ kissed her shoulder and they all wiggled their fingers together.

- - -

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope said as the four friends drove in a truck.

"So then direct approach gets my vote." JJ loaded his gun making Avery roll his eyes.

"JJ, no."

"No. What?"

"You're crazy bubba." Avery blew out a puff of smoke in his face. He smirked and inhaled a bunch of it.

"We gotta keep this simple, or we'll never get John B off." JJ tried to reason.

"Or we just tickle the wire." Pope held up his AirPods.

"What?"

"We tickle the wire. I plant my phone in his care and then we listen in on your AirPods." he stated then held the phone up to Kie. "Say something."