Thirty

- - -

- - -

Avery felt numb.

She didn't know how to feel about seeing Ward murder someone. It just brought her to the realization that the Cameron men had no humanity left.

"Hey, baby." JJ put his hand on Avery's cheek while she sat with her knees to her chest on their bed. She couldn't bring herself to move her head as she stared off into space.

"I-I don't know what to do J." she spoke quietly.

"About what? Talk to me darling." his rings were cold against her skin as he rubbed her back under her shirt.

"Seeing Ward shoot Gavin, it reminded me of..." she trailed off not wanting to say it.

"I know." JJ nodded in understanding.

"I'm scared J." her voice cracked. He didn't hesitate to pull his girl into his arms to comfort her. "I'm so scared."

As she began to sob JJ held her as close and secure to himself as he could, knowing that was the comfort she needed in the moment.

"I just want Bailey back. But when I do get her back, she's gonna get taken from me." Avery sobbed.

"What do you mean?" JJ asked.

"CPS will come, we'll be put in foster care and separated. I just want to be 18 already." she cried. "I need my baby right now." 

"I know, and we're going to do everything in our power to get her back." he whispered in her ear along with other comforting words. "We're gonna prove John B is innocent and bring them home."

Avery nodded her head and looked up at him. "I love you so much, please don't ever leave me."

"I would never even dream of that." JJ wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "I love you so much more."

- - -

02x02

The Heist

"This is the north drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully. So if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like--" JJ motioned to the murky water around the sewage drain.

"Somewhere in this trash." Pope continued the blonde boys statement.

"Correct." 

"Oh my god. People who use plastic should be shot." Kie said.

"Well that's not our main concern right now." Avery muttered.

"Yeah, personally, I love plastic. Use it every day. Love the stuff." JJ told her.

"Hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean." Kie said.