Eleven

01x02(The Lucky Compass)

01x02
(The Lucky Compass)

JJ and John B drove silently in the van the next day. Avery was sat in the backseat with thread, making a bracelet that would most likely be added to JJ's collection. She woke up early to see him when he got to the house and she greeted him with a kiss on the cheek.

Like usual his heart fluttered but then he remembered what he saw the night before.

"Why don't you just try with Kiara?" JJ asked his bestfriend. "She clearly likes you. She's like 'Oh John B!" he fake moaned.

"Is that what she does?" John B raised his brows and Avery watched the two in amusement.

"She's sketchy about you diving, then she kissed you bro."

"She kissed me on the cheek." the brunette pointed out.

"Aw maybe she accidently missed." Avery piped up from behind them and leaned forward. JJ glanced at her and then John b who was shaking his head with a smile before looking out the window again.

"I always kiss you on the cheek." Avery leaned over JJ's seat and rested her chin on his shoulder. "Got something you wanna tell me?" she teased and John B laughed.

"Yeah, I'm so madly in love with you oh my gosh!" he leaned over the backseat and pretended to make out with her making her laugh loudly. He felt a sense of warmness in his heart as she put her hands on his cheeks.

He sat back in the front and she was looking at him with a smile. John B smirked at the two and rolled his eyes.

"Look, I can see it in your eyes." JJ told John B. "You're like, 'I kinda like that,' you start blushing and shit." he looked out the window and mumbled, "Apparently with Avery too."

"What?" she asked hearing her name.

"Huh? Nothing." he shook his head.

"What did you just say?" she asked. "You mumbled something under your breath and I heard my name."

"I said apparently with Avery too, okay?" he replied kind of angrily shocking both of them.

"What are you talking about?" John B scoffed.

"You two fooling around behind my back." he snapped. A look of hurt flashed across Avery's face and she clenched her jaw, leaning back into her seat. "I saw you outside the Chateau. It would have been nice to not see my two bestfriends on a little date when I was there to make sure you were okay."

"A date?" Avery asked in disbelief. "You think we're dating?"

"Sure looked like it." he muttered. "Or maybe you're not dating and just doing other things."

"Fuck you JJ." she scowled and looked out her window.

"She was there to make sure I was okay. We were out in the hammock and--"