Thirty-One

- - -

- - -

John b carried Bailey's small body through a town trying to get her to a doctor in time.

"It's not her head is it?" the doctor asked. "I don't do heads."

"No, it's not her head." John B grunted, adjusting her in his arms. At first, Bailey seemed to be in a state of shock when they first discovered her wound.

But once the chase stopped, and they were settled, she came to her senses and began crying in excruciating pain. Her tiny body had lost so much blood that her skin was white as a sheet.

"Go to the left over there." the doctor told them after checking Bailey's wound. John B nodded and carried the little girl into the room, laying her on a table.

"J-Johnny." Bailey hiccupped.

"Stay with me. Stay with me." he cradled her head in his hand. "You're gonna be okay, okay?" he gave her a small tearful smile.

"Mama's gonna be mad at me." she sobbed.

"No, no, no. You'll be fine. I'm gonna get you back to her and JJ okay. I-I promised, I'm gonna get you back." he tried to stop any tears from falling from his eyes.

Sarah put her hand on his arm in an attempt to comfort him but she too had no idea what to do.

They both hoped and prayed that this doctor could save her life.

- - -

An anonymous person reached out to Pope saying they had information that could help John B. All the pogues were ecstatic and they had to leave as soon as possible to get to the place where this person would help them out.

The only problem was Kie's parents letting her leave. They didn't seem to lenient on it.

JJ, Avery, and Pope sat in the truck while Kiara argued with her parents on her porch. Suddenly she turned back to her friends yelling at her parents about boarding school.

"Hi uh, ma'am sir. I promise to have her back at a reasonable hour and safe." Pope told the parents while JJ and Avery greeted them.

"What are you doing?" Kie asked him.

"Kiara listen to me. You wanna go, then you can go. But if you don't come back at the proper time, then don't come back at all." her mother said angrily.

"She's bluffin." JJ said from behind Kie.

Kie got in the truck with Avery following after her.

"Y'all have a good day." JJ waved at them then got inside.

"This shit would be so much easier without parents." Kie said. Avery's mouth parted in disbelief. She scoffed and just looked out the window. "Oh shit, Avery I didn't mean to--"