Sixteen

01x04

01x04

(Spy Games)

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this." Kie said to Avery with a smile as they walked towards the giant screen, each holding one of Bailey's hands. "Keep calm, carry on. Back to OBX life."

"Aren't you guys glad we made you come?" Avery looked back and smirked at JJ and Pope.

"Ecstatic." Pope said with zero emotion.

"Avery's bed was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ muttered. Avery smacked his arm.

Kie and Avery set up their chairs as the announcer spoke about the movie that would be playing. Avery set up Bailey's chair and the little girl excitedly sat down with her lion under her arm. She takes that thing everywhere and you'll probably never see her without it.

"Sissy, can I get a drink?" she asked her sister.

"Uh, yeah. Just stay with JJ I'll go get you something." she kissed her head. Bailey sat down on JJ's lap as Avery and Kie walked over to the snack stand.

"Can I get three Pepsi's please?" Kie asked the vendor. He went to get the drinks for them.

"Hey Avery." her blood ran cold hearing that voice. She looked over her shoulder and saw Rafe walking towards her and Kie. "Hey what's up? How are you?"

She clenched her jaw and looked away from him with an irritated expression.

"Listen, tell your boy that we know what he did." Rafe told her.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie asked.

"Uh, he'll know." Rafe winked at Avery who rolled her eyes and grabbed the soda's.

She turned to walk away and lifted her hand to flip him off. "Douche."

"Just saw Rafe." Kie said as they got back to the boys, "and he told Avery and I quote, 'Tell your boy that we know what he did.' What is that?"

"Um, where is he?" JJ asked.

"Right there." they all looked back and saw Rafe, Topper, and Kelce standing at the back of the place with drinks in their hands.

"Great the whole death squad." Pope said.

"I don't think they're here for the movie." Avery sighed.

"Just warning you bro, if they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay?" JJ told him. Avery rolled her eyes and opened Bailey's soda before going and sitting between his legs.

"Just relax JJ." she told him and leaned back. "And please tell me you did not bring the gun here." he stayed quiet making her turn and look at him.

"Are you serious JJ there's kids here!" Kie whisper shouted.

"No, Kie I didn't bring the gun. Everything fine, okay?" he told them.