Chapter 1

TEN YEARS LATER. . .

"Come on, Alondra! Zero's going to be mad if we're late again!" Yuki tells me as she drags me along with her towards the Moon Dormitory. I sigh at her.

"Well, I told you to go on ahead. But, no Yuki had to wait up for me while I rummaged for food." With a wave of my free hand, dismissing her concern at being tardy for our duties. It's not even that late, though I suppose it is if the cattle is already gathered at the gates.

"Candy is not food! This is why you can't sleep at night! Now hurry up! The Day Class girls are already crowding the Moon Dorm gates!" Yuki tells me in a scolding manner. I sigh not wanting to argue anymore with her. We finally make it.

"Don't push!" A girl complains as Yuki pushes past them dragging me along. She let's my hand go as she stands in front of the gate. I stand next to her, but less protectively over the dorms.

"Hurry up and move it!" Another girl yells out as we refuse to move from the Moon Dorm gates.

"Okay, okay! Everybody move back please!" Yuki yells out at all of them. I sigh yet again. That seems to be my constant reaction come this time of the evening.

"You're not supposed to be nice. You're supposed to be forceful." I mumble to Yuki. But, she ignores me as she responsibly and respectfully continues with our work. I could be the one doing that, but she always scolds me for mistreating them. I'm a ray of sunshine compared to a certain someone.

"It's curfew time for everybody in the Day Class, so just go back to your dorms!" Yuki yells out, but no one moves. My temple throbs at the annoying fan girls.

My name is Alondra Cross (through adoption) and though I'm only fourteen years old, I'm somehow a first year prefect in the Day Class along with my adoptive sister, Yuki Cross. Now before you even think about saying "cool" you may want to definitely think twice about that because it's not "cool" at all.

The girls become angry due to Yuki's pestering for them to leave and start their normal charge forward. Though Yuki and I flinch upon seeing this, we instantly try our hardest to hold back the annoying, squealing cattle that's trying to get past us.

Cross Academy is a prestigious private school that is divided between two groups: The Day Class and the Night Class. Damn to this day that it became that way. Why? Well, hold your horses! The Day Class and the Night Class share the use of the school facilities in rotation, but when classes change in the evening, well let's just say that all hell breaks loose.

"GET THE HE-" Before I can finish yelling at them I hear the door that hides the Moon Dorms opening. Yuki and I exchange a glance.

"Damn it! Late again!" I state out loud as I smack my forehead. All the fan girls instantly lose that chaotic rage, and now stare at the Night Class making their arrival. But, that doesn't mean that it's gone quiet. Sadly.

The reason why students from the Day Class always crowd around in the evening is because the Night Class is an elite group of students. And they are all really hot, but that is all I will give them credit for!

The door opens and they all walk out. The ones that come out first are orange haired Kain Akatsuki, blond flirt Aido Hanabusa, gentleman blond Takuma Ichijo-my personal friend-, a grouchy Ruka Souen, a lazy Senri Shiki, another lazy member Rima Touya, a silently disturbing Seiren, and last but not least the man I distrust the most in this world Kaname Kuran. The girls step aside as the Night Class makes it's way towards us.

"Good morning ladies! Still as pretty as ever, I see!" Aido states with a bright and cheerful tone. Yuki and I exchange a confused glance.

"Morning? What?" We look at the darkening sky. I sigh, and shake my head. Then again for this group it would be "day", so on their end it makes total sense.