Extra: Birthday Special (January 13)

2 years earlier:

"Yuki? Is Alondra in your room?" Headmaster Cross asks young Yuki Cross. She had woken up not too long ago and was confused, finding herself alone.

Now they find themselves going downstairs to the living room. They see the kitchen lights are on.

"No." Yuki flinches at the noise in the kitchen.

"Zero?" Yuki asks looking behind her. He had joined them on the journey down as they try to find Alondra.

"If Alondra isn't here then. . ." He starts off, but doesn't finish.

"It sounds like a crazed animal scavanging our kitchen. I'm scared." Yuki says clinging to Headmaster Cross's sweater.

"Calm down Yuki it's okay I'll protect you." He says that, but he's shaking in his slippers. They stand in front of the kitchen entrance.

"If she wasn't anywhere in sight then that means she found the cake." All three of them comment the moment they find Alondra.

"Morning." I say through a mouth filled with delicious chocolate cake.

"Alondra! You're twelve now! Eat with a fork!" Yuki scolds me and I just keep eating the cake to irritate her.

"How long have you been up?" Headmaster asks me.

"What time is it?" I ask him back. He looks at his watch.

"Let me see. Oh it's eight." He says. I nod my head and lick my chocolate stained fingers clean.

"Three hours." I say as I drink a whole glass of milk.

"You eat a lot. Please tell me you hadnt been earing the cake this whole time..." Zero mentions. I grin.

"Yep!" I look at the cake.

"Alondra?" Yuki asks as she notices how I stare at the half finished cake.

"She's thinking if she should share with us." Zero says. I blush looking down. Yuki laughs along with Headmaster. Yuki hugs me.

"Happy birthday!" She says and I frown.

"It is not. I'm just another year closer to death." I say putting my finger through the vanilla frosting.

"You're so pessimistic dear. This is a happy day! You don't turn twelve everyday. Oh my little girl is growing up!" Headmaster says as he flings himself to hug me. I stand up and rush over to Zero and Headmaster falls face first on the unfinished cake.

"I'm off to clean myself! Excuse me!" I say going past him.

                                                                                          ~0~

"Alondra are you done yet?" Yuki says through the closed door of the bathroom.

"I finished a long time ago, but I can't get out of this warm water." I say in a dreamy sigh letting the water hit my face.

"You're wasting water!" Yuki scolds me.

"Blah blah." I mock her. She stops insisting after that, so I continue wasting time on this cold January day.

"She said she finished a long time ago, but she can't get out of the warm water." Yuki tells Headmaster. He puts a finger to his chin thinking what he should do to get the stubborn girl out of the shower.

"I got this." Zero offers and turns on the faucet in the kitchen. They all hear the loud scream of the lazy girl. There is a pause for a couple of minutes.