Chapter 49

A time when Yuki and Alondra were little

"I heard that the girls injured themselves while playing on the sleigh. Although Headmaster Cross called." Kaname tells Ichijo.

"Is Alondra doing alright? And Yuki?" Ichijo asks as he looks out of the window concerned.

"The girls aren't here. Looks like they lied to get me to come here." Kaname says looking out of the other window of the car.

"Is it? If the injury isn't real then that's a relief, right? But that's too much for Headmaster Cross to do. He wanted to try joking with you or have you pick them up? Kaname?" Ichijo turns to face Kaname and vice versa.

"But there's a pair of twins. . ." Something catches Kaname's attention as he looks out of Ichijo's window. Kaname sees Kaien Cross with Zero and Ichiru.

"The hunter's lineage actually gave birth to twins." Kaname says stunned as he watches Zero and Ichiru who look at him as well.

"Kaname?" Ichijo questions the stunned Kaname.

I am afraid that split second was the beginning of all of his plans.

Present time:

"Yuki? The secret that Kaname shouldn't have kept. If I told you about it, will you be my ally?" Sara asks Yuki. I stare stunned and turn to Yuki.

"Would you really do that?" I question her with my eyes, but she doesn't look at me.

"Kaname's-"

"Alondra, could you please take Yuki out of here and please leave as well." Ichijo says suddenly stepping in front of Sara. He then smiles at us. "It seems that a bloodshed is about to occur and it's frightening." Sara glares daggers at him from behind.

"Takuma." Sara says it in a calm tone, but her aura is obviously displeased.

"Yes, Sara-sama, my deepest apologies." Ichijo says with a slight bow to his head. 

I put my hands to Yuki's shoulders. "Don't worry, Ichijo. Things like bloodshed have never crossed my mind today. I also can't sit by and watch as things happen." I tell him with a reassuring smile.

"Sara, just as you've said, Kaname is currently doing things that aren't permitted. To scare you, but I heard he's given notice saying his next target is you. But I will not let Kaname have his way no matter what his secret is." I say getting angry and glaring at the image of Kaname and glaring at her.

"You will protect me, right?" She says with a cynical smile.

"Yes." I tell her so I can earn her trust again. I calm down and put up the facade of a calm person. "Using the authority as the dorm leader, I will grant you temporary protection in this room of the dormitory, Sara." I assure her. I turn away from her.

"So you had better stay in your room at all times." I say as more of a command than a suggestion. I hear Yuki's small footsteps follow behind me as we exit Sara's room.

"You made it out safely, that's great. Have you told her already?" Aido says as Yuki closes the door behind her.

"Honestly right from the start, I've never trusted Sara just like you Alondra." Yuki says and I smack my forehead.

"She can probably hear you from the inside." Aido says. I sigh because Aido had spoken my thought aloud.

"It's alright. Undoubtedly when I first met her after sneaking into the party where I had followed Alondra to when she helped that little boy, since then I never really liked her." Yuki says admitting what happened so long ago.