Chapter 35

We are currently having a talk about life. . .

"And so we will be the ones to carry the burden of ending the lives of those who want to die. When the time comes for you to need this service please remember us."

A talk about us, the Kuran twins being reapers mowing down other people's lives. Even though the mouth that told Zero to go on living is the same mouth that is now speaking this. And even though the hearts that took this decision are the same hearts that felt sad when we found out the Kaname had crushed lives as well. It's our same hearts and mouths, but we felt like such a small being, and we tried so hard to figure out what we could possibly do to help too. We thought and we thought. 

"But you. Why don't you choose to simply do nothing?" Isaya-san asks me. "This thing you girls are trying to do, a great many people will view it a foolish and reckless move." Isaya-san continues.

"Yes, we realize that, and truth be said, this may be the worst mistake of my life and yet, I. . ." I grip Blue Rose tightly not daring to finish.

"You must have realized also that with you girls coming here like this, it would be just as likely that I would be the one chopping your heads off instead, no?" Isaya-san tells me.

At those words Aido stands protectively in front of Yuki and I.

"Aido! It's fine!" I put my hand to his shoulder trying to push him away.

"What?!" Aido asks shocked not moving.

"When you can live so long, it might not even feel anymore like it matters how you end up dying, but if we make this move and in doing so succeed at ridding the world of even just one person who would otherwise outrageously sacrifice someone for that, it will have been worth it!" I manage to finally shove Aido away from me, and give my little speech at the same time.

"I want to change the way things are! And for that I must take action somehow!" Both Yuki and I say standing tall next to each other.

"And that's all we had to say. Thank you for your hospitality, and goodbye." Yuki says suddenly pulling Aido's head and mine to bow.

"Let's go to the next place, Alondra, Aido-senpai." Yuki says as we turn away.

"Hey, at least put Artemis away! And I do mean before we get on the street!" Aido scolds Yuki.

"You two. Are you two sure you would actually be able to slaughter someone with those weapons?" Isaya-san makes us stop as we look over at him. "I ask because I can smell on you the eldest the scent of sunshine, and you the youngest the scent of the moon far more than that of blood." Yuki hasn't killed anyone before, but I have.

"I have killed my uncle with my gun's other pair, Black Rose. A hunter and I did it together." I mention thinking of Zero. I feel the pang of loneliness in my heart and in Blue Rose. I bow and head out.

If you don't do anything you simply end up overwhelmed by something happening. . .

"Is it really okay to let them go without even getting to say 'Hi'? Hm, Kaien?" Isaya asks as the Kuran twins leave. Kaien Cross steps out from behind a curtain.

"It's fine. I got to see them just the other day after all." He says a little sadly.

"Besides, if they were to know that you and I are old friends, it might influence their way of seeing things Although, I have to say. . ." Kaien makes a small pause. Dramatic tears stream down his face.

"Yuki and Alondra! My baby girls are so adorable! But I'm so uneasy about this thing! The first time someone chops off their heads is bound to be so painful! I can't exactly go warn them, but even if they can't die from that, they're still girls, they are delicate and must take proper care of themselves! Those dummies! I'm glad Alondra isn't here or she would have killed me if I said that in front of her!" Isaya stays silent listening to Kaien Cross's rant.