Chapter 12

"Make hatred your nourishment and become an adult quickly, my lovely Zero. You want to kill me. This 'Shizuka Hio', don't you?" A bloody Shizuka questions as she strokes Zero's cheek as he lies weakly on her lap. He glares at her with the purest and dearest of hatred.

"I want to watch you closely forever. Those eyes of yours. . .That are filled with hatred are just mine. I'm happy that you and I are bonded by the 'bond', that can never be broken." She says still smiling down at him.

Zero wakes up abruptly after the nightmare of his memory passes. He lies there with his heart pounding, cold sweat running down his brow, and he begins to tremble.

This is. . .a game.

Kaname picks up a chess piece, and holds it in his hand. He pauses his game as he senses someone approaching.

"Kaname, Maria Kurenai seems to be uneasy to sleep in the dorm she's in now." Ichijo says to him as he walks in with Maria Kurenai.

"I want to be excused from living in the dorm for a while, also, to keep the Night Class peaceful." She says smiling innocently. "I heard that there's a dorm that was used when they were establishing the Night Class. I want to go there."

"Fine. I'll talk to the Headmaster." He says not even bothering to look at her.

"Eh? Is it really okay?" Ichijo questions softly.

"I'm happy! Thank you." Maria says as she skips out.

I remember a time when I was a little girl, I got very sick because I was stubborn and went out into the cold night alone just to star gaze. I was so sick I had to stay in bed. Yuki took care of me the whole time. I also remember that Kaname came to visit a couple times, but I hardly payed attention to him then either, then again I was pretty delirious. The one who always stayed with me though was Zero.

A cool, wet cloth is placed on my head. "Yuki?" I say trying to get my vision to adjust.

"She's asleep." I hear Zero's whisper. I smile up at him weakly.

"Zero." I try to keep my eyes open just to look at him.

"You scared me when you passed out. Your fever was so high I-"

"Shh it's okay, Zero. It's just a cold. I'll be fine." I reach out to touch his cheek, but pull my hand back so he doesn't get sick either. Zero puts his forehead to mine.

"Don't. You'll get sick too." I whisper to him and I feel myself get warmer for a completely different reason.

"I'll be fine." He says not moving.

"Go to sleep and get your strength back." He says taking his forehead off of mine, but still keeping close to me.

"Will you be here when I wake up?" I ask him. He smiles lightly and nods his head.

"I'm not going anywhere. Neither is Yuki." He says looking over at Yuki sleeping at my feet. I smile and slowly close my eyes.

"Night." I whisper, but before I could hear his answer I fell asleep. When I woke up he was there like he had promised. His hand was in mine and I watched him sleep. I kiss his forehead discreetly and I blush at his sudden smile even though he's asleep.

I'm not sure why that memory suddenly came to me. I'm back to reality walking with Yuki, Yori, and Zero towards class. I smile at the memory of how close we've been.

"A dance party?" Yuki questions Yori as Alondra and Zero walk with them in silence. Aido discreetly watches the group. Yuki and Yori notice how distracted Alondra is as she smiles to herself at something.