Chapter 28 and Extra

"You're probably one of the smartest idiots I know."

Zero would always say mean things to me, but I could tell he never meant them. His faint smile always gave him away. I walk as the snow begins to fall again.

I will go on and on running away from Zero. If you can find a reason to live in having an enemy to go after, I will be just that.

"Why would you want me to lie to you, Zero? I can't pretend like things are going to be okay. They never will be if we're not together. Or at least until you no longer hate me." I drop to my knees as newly forming tears fall.

"I don't want to be your enemy! Is there really no other way than this? Why can't you accept the fact that I'm a pureblood?! I'm not like the other purebloods, and you know that! Why?!" I put a trembling hand to my mouth, and stare at the cold ground.

"I'm sorry I'm a vampire. I'm sorry I ever fell in love with you. I'm sorry that you see the girl you used to know and me as two different entities. But sadly the vampire me is the real me!" I feel my whole world has come apart.

"I don't blame you for hating me. I did take Oniisama's life force through my own lips. My lips weren't yours first. I wish they were. I wish things were different. Purebloods are a curse. If I knew I would meet you I never would have let my lips touch that vile man's lips. I'm sorry." I let the last tear slip from my eyes.

"Enough self pity. Feelings will no longer posess me. I have to forget the word emotion in order to become stronger." I stand up, and walk away from everything I used to know. "I will no longer feel." I promise myself letting my emotions fall into my heart. Locked away and never to be opened again.

~0~

"You kids did an impressive job finishing those guys up. I had a lot less work to do thanks to that, but. . ." Toga Yagari blows out some smoke from his cigarrette. "You know, typically vampires who choose to stand against the Vampire Council of Elders are ostracized by theif families and get massacred in the most horrible manners."

"It's the same case even for aristocrats. What are you thinking by going that far to protect humans?" Yagari questions looking back at the Night Class students.

"Well, they're students of the same school as us and it's our responsibilty to stop fellow vampires who would be foolish enough to think humans are no more than livestock." Akatsuki says to him seriously.

"Our families are the ones who allowed us to come to this school in the first place. It will cause trouble for them, but I'm sure they'll understand our choices." Ruka adds in, brushing back her wavy locks.

"If I had allowed such sordid creatures to lay their hands on the students. . .I would never have forgiven myself. How could we possibly obey the Counsel of Elders when they were the ones pulling the strings behind all of this?" Ruka continues looking at Yagari.

"Indeed, in your own way. . .thanks to this school, you too have come to understand some things that can't really be put in simple words," Yagari picks up his cigarette, but doesn't put it to his mouth as he smiles.

~0~

"So he did this all by himself and was fine?!" Someone questions as Hunters and Kaien Cross stand in front of the destroyed Moon Dorms.

"Hey, hey if that's true then that Kiryu kid doesn't have anything human in him anymo-huh. Don't glare at me! It's true!" The hunter with the scar says as Kaien glares over at him.

"So, where did he go? That brat." He mutters.

"Maybe, he went back in there." Kaien says thinking of the cell Zero was locked in hours before.