Chapter 58

The vampire princesses have become hunters.

I watch Yuki stroke a sleeping Yori's hair. I watch from the door way.

I glance over at the mirror, and see my new image. My hair is back to the length it was when I cut it a long time ago. It's the same length as Zero's hair. I shortened my bang up to my cheek. I wear a black tank top, black leather jacket, black mini skirt, black boots, and I wear the necklace Zero gave me on my birthday a long time ago, openly. I touch the Cross Academy crest on it, and smile a little.

"I won't erase her memories." Yuki finally says as she walks over to where I stand by the door. I nod my head, and she turns her head back to Yori. "Forgive my selfishness, Yori. I want you to remember us."

"Should we go now?" I asks Yuki. She nods her head, and we head out.

We run away from the academy. I cup my hands together, and Yuki uses them as a boost to jump over the gates. I didn't need the boost, and jump over the gates landing on my feet in a crouch.

"Do you two intend to leave without saying anything?" We are met by Zero. We stare stunned, but then I laugh a little, and scratch my head nervously.

"It's so hard to run from you. No, that's not it. I'm just bad at hiding." I mention awkwardly.

"Liar. You want Zero to find you." Yuki mumbles. I stomp her foot.

"OW!" She yells out, and I cover her mouth.

"This was supposed to be discreet!" I whisper yell at her. We can't help but laugh quietly at our childish behavior.

Just a few days ago. I couldn't save Sara or stop Kaname in the end. And now, the central headquarters of the Hunter's Association has fallen apart. The 'mother metal,' the origin of all the anti-vampire weapons, suddenly went berserk, partially destroying the Association and consuming the weapons within to keep itself from cooling down during it's rampage. Ultimately, the 'mother metal' the woman shattered immediately after addressing Kaname. The hunters didn't suffer any casualties, but they are still undermanned.

"Hey, the vampire over there, lend me a hand." We turned to the sound of Yagari's voice who was coming out of the rubble.

"Patchy!" I say out loud on accident.

"Yagari-sensei!" Yuki calls out blocking out my blunder. Zero goes over to help him. I rush over and help out as well.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"Help, she's. . ." I see Yagari with Seiren in his arms. She's unconscious, but bleeding from the top of her head. I take her off his hands, and hold on to her.

"Yagari-sensei, did you protect Seiren?" Yuki asks as she kneels next to Seiren and me.

"Listen, give me some assistance before the other vampires hear about this." Yagari's ankle is stuck under some rocks. From the angle of it, it might be broken.

Because the confrontation has lasted until now the hunters have readied themselves against possible assault.

"Without defense from the headquarters, the vampires could easily launch an attack in great numbers." A hunter says dismayed at the ruined Association headquarters.

"No, apart from that I think they'll be an increasing threat to the general public." Another hunter brings up.

"Even most of the weapons have been devoured." Someone else says just as dismayed at this tragedy.

The vampires have stayed quiet.

Yuki and I walk together through the halls of the academy. We see the Night Class and they see us. They instantly bow to us in their own way.