Chapter 34

"Sorry for waking you two up when the sun is still up. Be good and stay watching the house while I'm away, okay?" Kaname asks of us. I turn away when Yuki and Kaname kiss. I keep to the shadows away from the sun.

"I guess this explains why I've always hated the sun." I mentally state.

"How adorable. You always get so blushy even after so much time." Kaname teases Yuki. They brush their foreheads together.

"Do you feel lonely?" Kaname asks her. I'm not surprised. I haven't been much of a sister since I regained my memories.

"Kind of. Just a little bit." Yuki whispers, but I heard her.

"I'll be back later. And also I left something for you on your desk. I hesitated about it, but it's the proof that I was really speaking seriously that day back then. It's up to you to freely decide how you want to use it, girls." I scratch my head confused.

I rush upstairs to see what Kaname left. I find two cases. I open the black one first. "Blue Rose." I look over at the other case as Yuki walks in.

"So then that must be Artemis." I mention as she opens it.

I pick up Blue Rose and look how she once again became a gun. I notice that Black Rose is missing. That's right I dropped both weapons and left them behind at Cross Academy when I said goodbye to Zero.

"Kill me by your own hand."

I recall Zero's words to me so long ago. Yuki slams the case shut.

"Yuki?" I question her.

"'Kill me' that is what Oniisama asked of me when I felt I didn't deserve his kisses." Yuki says not facing me.

"You too? Zero asked me the same thing. I said I would, but I don't think I'd be able to pull the trigger." I confess to her.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I mean you just got better. You just opened your heart again, and I'm making you remember the pain." Yuki apologizes putting her arms around me. I smile.

"It's fine. Anyway my heart isn't completely opened. Part of me will remain closed off forever. I never forgot the pain, I was just able to repress it. I still can. . . somewhat." I admit. "Yuki? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask her as she continues to hug me. She nods her head.

"Now's our chance. I'll handle Aido if it comes to it." I assure her.

"Alright." She answers back as we head over to our rooms to change.

                                                      ~0~

"Hey, what are you up to?! And what in the world are you carrying?!" Aido scolds me as I wait for Yuki.

"Huh, 'what', you ask? I'm going on a littile errand with Yuki, Artemis, and Blue Rose here." I state so nonchalant.

"What?! Yuki too?! Have you finally lost your mind?!" Aido says staring at me in disbelief. I chuckle a bit.

"When have you known me to be sane?" I say opening the door once Yuki is next to me. I adjust my red barrett.

"Wait!" Aido tells us.

"I've waited long enough." We respond to him.

"We'll be back, maybe." I say waving my hand as I step out first. Yuki taps my shoulder, and points for me to look ahead.

"A wolf? No way, that's actually- HEY!" I hear Aido say, but I'm already rushing over to the black wolf in front of us. I crouch down to take a closer look at it, and so does Yuki. Our eyes meet, and I smile brightly.