Chapter 65 (End)

If you're a Yuki fan. . .I suggest you stop right here, and don't keep going. . .You'll hate me after. . . ^.^ If you would like to see more to this story feel free to read "Vampire Knight: My Nine Months Plus One" if you enjoyed the re-imagining of the Vampire Knight manga.

__________________________________________________________

In that world, there were vampires and humans, and between them, there were people who suffered because of love. Those that were touched by the outstretched hands now want to show you those answers.

Kaname holds his heart over the furnace. Blood drips. One drop. Two. Three. The fire tastes the blood, expecting the heart with a very warm welcome. Kaname lets his heart go into the furnace.

Kaname dropped his heart into the furnace!

His heart burns, and he watches before he falls to his knees.

Yuki and I finally make it, but it's too late. He threw his heart. I watch Kaname on his knees in front of the furnace. My voice is gone. I'm too stunned.

"Kaname." Yuki whispers out. He turns to look at us. "KANAME!" Yuki jumps over the steps and runs over to him. I stay in place. I can't move. I can't think. Zero caught up and now stands beside me stunned as well, but not like me.

"This can't be. . .you. . ." I hear Zero's voice through a tunnel. My heart pounds in my ears, but I can still hear the fire crackling. It has eaten Oniisama's heart.

"This shouldn't be happening." Zero says as he wraps his arms around me. The warmth of his chest on my back brings me some comfort, but I can't do anything now that it's too late. Kaname looks back over at us. I can't move from the spot I'm frozen at.

My body is frozen because now I'm seeing things through Yuki's eyes. I'm feeling what she feels. She is still in control, and I just follow.

We put her hand on the spot where Kaname's beating heart should have been. "Your heart. . ." We say with a small tremor in our voices.

"It's inside." Kaname confirms to us. "It's melting and then regenerating again and again in the furnace. . . So it will no longer regenerate within me." Kaname explains to us. My first instinct is to get it back if that's the case.

"We have to get it out!" Yuki yells out, reaching for the furnace.

"Yuki." Kaname stops her as he wraps his arms around her.

"It's too late. The core of my life has been shifted to within the furnace." I get out of Yuki's body. I can't bear it. I want them to say their final goodbyes. Back in my body, I feel my throat is still clogged up, and my eyes burn with the need to cry, but this is the kind of pain that hurts too much, even for tears.

"Before long, this body will stop moving. . . And "I" will lose my consciousness and live as the many weapons that will be created." I can feel my other half breaking. I can feel the tears pooling at Yuki's eyes.

"NO! I don't want you to become like this!" Yuki yells out. Her body is trembling as much as mine. Her voice has no composure in it whatsoever.

"If only I wasn't born. If I never existed the both of you 'today' would definitely be a lot more different!" I yell out, finally finding my voice as my tears finally fall. Zero tightens his arms around me. Kaname holds Yuki close and then looks over at me.

"Don't say it as though I haven't received any happiness from you as well, Alondra." He tells me. It's not my place to be in his arms. My place is in these arms that are holding me now.